Mahindra / You're not married and hence not eligible

India Review updated:
I'm staying in Bangalore and recently visited the furniture showroom exhibit (by Yatra exhibit) in the Kanteerava indoor stadium. I was asked to fill in my name and number for some lucky draw in which I was selected as one of the winners (one for kitchen set and the other for some vacation). A lady on behalf of Mahindra vacations calls from +[protected] and starts the usual gibberish and when I informed her that I was not allowed to collect the kitchen set as I'm single (which is absurd because the Yatra thinks that single people do not cook), she confirms that I'm not eligible for the vacation too as I am not married. Why do these ###s ask us to participate in these draws in the first place.

A  6th of Jun, 2008 by
I am staying in pune. A few days ago I had visited Premier Plaza in Chinchwad, pune and some Club Mahindra guy approached me with a small form to be filled for a lucky draw. Today I got a call from a lady at Club Mahindra that my name got selected through the lucky draw. She asked me whether I am married even though I had clearly check marked the Unmarried field in the form. Then why is there a reason to call me n tell me about the holiday and also tell me taht i am not eligible for the holiday because i am unmarried? I am anyways going to getmarried on next month 15th. I told them the same and I can use it as a honeymoon pakage, whihc would be a remarkable gift from club Mahindra to me! The lady's response was pale and she just hung-up the ph saying she ll come back after speaking to her manager, whihc I am sure she would never.
N  28th of Jan, 2009 by
Members complain of resort unavailability during peak seasons, and a waiting period for some of their resort destinations. There has also been charges of excess profiteering, not providing enough services to members etc. There are around 70 cases pending in various consumer courts and one criminal case against Club Mahindra for cheating.
Club Mahindra is a Cheater. They just trap customers with false promises.
How do they cheat?
1. Their representatives will ask you to fill-up a coupon with your address and phone number.
2. They will call everyone telling him he is a winer in the lucky draw and ask him to collect a free holiday package from their office.
3. If you go there, they will talk about(all are lies) some aluring offers/ packages with Rs. 30000 - 35000. They will ask you to provide one account / card number for this payment. They will also ask you sign on a document for this offer. Now you are trapped!!.
4. You actually signed on their membership form with a membership amount of 3-4 lacs. EMIs will be charged to you (you already have authorised them by signing the document and disclosing you card/ account number).
5. You will come to know about this fraud after 1-2 months after recieving the wellcome kit.
6. Now the 2nd phase of the trap: If you go for the cancellation, they will tell you as per rule you have to cancel your membership within 10 days after applying the membership. But you can only know that you have been cheated after 1-2 months of applying the membership.
7. Now the harasment and pain. You will do lot of follow-ups, but you will not get the money back easily.
Please spread this awareness and don't get into the trap of Club Mahindra!! Don't even fill-up the coupon.

Mahindra Logo Mahindra