MagicJack / awful, awful, awful

1 CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-8108000

I purchased a MagicJack and plugged it in and it worked fine for about 6 months and then it started messing up. I could not dial out from my phone anymore. Sometimes I could not receive calls. So I started reading all the knowledge stuff on their website. Then after about 3 hours I found out how to chat with a live person, the put me thru about 2 hours worth of testing. then i gave up. Then I tried the same thing about 2 weeks later the same thing happened 2 hours worth of test, and down loads and unplugging and replugging and so on and so forth, again I gave up. Finally tonight I went thru all of that again and so far i am at about 3 hours. They finally told me they would not refund my money or replace the unit. So I will be at my bank on Friday getting my money back cause I purchased using my debit card and I know I will get my money back from the bank and visa. Then I will file complaints at my State Secretary of State, Federal Communication Company, Better Business Bureau, State Utility Public Service Commission and anyone else who will listen. I might not get a new MagicJack but will spread some JACK and it will be MAGIC! I might not make a big splash but I will feel better that someone is getting warned about this crappy company. It should be called CrappyJack!

Va

Comments

En
  16th of Aug, 2008

I totally agree with you. Something needs to be done. This should not be happening. There should be an official complaint department with this company. Let us know the results. We all may need to take the same measures that you are doing to get a resolve.