Macy's / Stainsafe Product Warranty / macy's not honoring manufacturer's warranty and stainsafe not complying with their service
In January of 07, I called Macy's to tell them of a tear in my new leather sofa (purchased in Feb 06) and to ask about how to contact Stainsafe. Stainsafe came out and stiched my sofa, but a week later it tore again. They came back out and said they'd have to replace the entire leather seat and back and replace with another piece of leather. I asked, since it was such a large repair and it was my only sofa, and it was only one year old, could Macy's replace it. The agent said he'd write it up. A couple of weeks later, I received a letter from Stainsafe stating that my warranty for this issue would no longer be valid/addressed because I had refused service. I have called several supervisors at MACY's, including the executive department... they pass the buck to Stainsafe, stating a year has passed, and the sofa is no longer under warranty with them. Stainsafe won't let me speak with any supervisor, I can't get past the phone rep. MACY'S gets my $1,800 and Stainsafe get my money too. I end up with a torn one-year-old Italian leather sofa. Does this seem fair?
I have shopped at MACY'S for many years but I will be shredding my MACY'S card, and encouraging everyone I know to do the same.
More Macy's / Stainsafe Product Warranty Complaints & Reviews
- Macy's Credit Card - credit card fraud 
- Macy's Department Stores - forcing employees to quit vs. pay unemployment 
- Macy's - belgique cookware "don't get burned" 
- Macys - poor place to work 
- Macy's - employee harassment 
- Macy's - leather recliner
- Macy's - shocking handling of fraudulent activity on macy's credit card
- Macy's - calvin klein shoes
- Macys - online return status
- Macy's - unethical advertising