Macy's / Stainsafe Product Warranty / macy's not honoring manufacturer's warranty and stainsafe not complying with their service

In January of 07, I called Macy's to tell them of a tear in my new leather sofa (purchased in Feb 06) and to ask about how to contact Stainsafe. Stainsafe came out and stiched my sofa, but a week later it tore again. They came back out and said they'd have to replace the entire leather seat and back and replace with another piece of leather. I asked, since it was such a large repair and it was my only sofa, and it was only one year old, could Macy's replace it. The agent said he'd write it up. A couple of weeks later, I received a letter from Stainsafe stating that my warranty for this issue would no longer be valid/addressed because I had refused service. I have called several supervisors at MACY's, including the executive department... they pass the buck to Stainsafe, stating a year has passed, and the sofa is no longer under warranty with them. Stainsafe won't let me speak with any supervisor, I can't get past the phone rep. MACY'S gets my $1,800 and Stainsafe get my money too. I end up with a torn one-year-old Italian leather sofa. Does this seem fair?

I have shopped at MACY'S for many years but I will be shredding my MACY'S card, and encouraging everyone I know to do the same.

Comments

• Ju
      23rd of Feb, 2009

Dear Ms. Elba Schick, please call 888-822-6229. When the line picks up ask for furniture and bedding customer service. Then ask to speak to Janet Rodgers; she is a supoervisor in the furniture and beddinhg department;. She will do anythinh to help you. I know because she has helped me when no one could or would.

• Hu
      2nd of Oct, 2009

Stainsafe is the biggest rip off. This service is as good as a log. It does nothing for you!
    Macy's is great at passing the buck. It's never their fault.

• Fr
      26th of May, 2011

I'm glad to see I am not alone in my disappointment with Macy's. We purchased our furniture in December 2007. Twice my husband and I visited the Macy's Galleria store in St. Louis and spoke to the same sales woman. Very long conversations about what the extended care option would cover. She assured us over and over again that the extended care would cover pet damage such as scratches, urine, vomit, blood, etc. We thought it over and purchased a leather sectional BASED ON THE INCORRECT INFORMATION PROVIDED BY THE SALES WOMAN! A year later when I tried to use the extended care I purchased, after a long conversation with an agent for the coverage which consisted of me telling her the exact location and type of damage on each piece, she put me on hold to get a work number and came back with the news that my damage wasn't covered. Animal punctures and scratches were NOT covered. Just urine, vomit and blood. Apparently if a human scratched or chewed the furniture it was covered. That sales woman at Macy's HAD to know what she was doing just to make a sale. I haven't shopped at Macy's in years and I certainly don't intend to in the future.