[Resolved] Macy's / terrible customer service

1 Herald SquareNew York, NY, United States Review updated:

I tried to purchase four pairs of shoes over the phone. I called Macy's Herald Square store because I was told that this store had all four pairs of shoes. No one answered the phone in the shoe department despite the fact that I called several times over two days and let the phone ring over 5 minutes each time. An operator finally connected me to an "inside line" that he assured me that someone would pick up but no one did. Finally, I called the manager's office and was told that the manager was away "at lunch." I left my number and asked for a call back. No one ever did. I shared my horrible experience with macy's.com customer service but no one there has responded either. Obviously, they just don't care and certainly don't need my business. After years of being a loyal customer, I have decided that I will no longer shop at Macy's or support this department store. There are better stores (such as Nordstrom's) that deserve my business.

• Resolution statement

• Macy's Customer Care's Response, Mar 23, 2009

Call 888-822-6229 and ask to speak to Tim Hellmann in furniture and bedding customer service. He will help you!

Am

Comments

• Al
      8th of Nov, 2008

Your sales folks, manager in furniture dept., store manager, customer service dept., and Regional VP are worthless!

• Dk
      1st of Mar, 2011

I bought a dining room set from macys. When I discovered the tiny gorges and scratches on the table I contacted Macys, and the worry no more insurance company since I was still under warranty and had purchased the proteciton plan. Well I really got screwed. Worry no more says they cant fix the scratches or gorges because the lamination on the table has not been compromised.(meaning the table was delivered in that condition.) Macys refuses to honor the warranty. Their company came and they said repairing the table could make the damage worse. What do I do now?

• Na
      16th of May, 2016

I am a true lover of Macy's have only shopped there for many yrs. but yesterday drove 50 miles with a trailer to get what I was told the top of line Macy's mattresses Hotel collection in plush. It is the end of the yr. clearance but was told it is the best. I explained I have had lung surgery & osteoarthritis & a bad neck, so have limited position I can sleep in & need a very soft mattress, it is impossible to just lay on a mattress for a couple min's & see if it is right. I was told because it was a clearance there was no guarantee on the mattress. I have a plush in Fl it is wonderful & did not cause me back & hip pain when I wake. We slept on this supposed to be best over Stearns & Foster plush last night & got pains everywhere immediately, even my shoulder & ribs were hurting. I am so upset, called the store they will do nothing even though we have had it for one night. Even though it was on clearance it was still a major expense. I think they should do something for me as this bed is really hotel the one's you cannot sleep on !!! I cannot believe they claim it is their best. I could cry I should have waited & ordered one I knew would really be plush but was in a hurry to get out of pain & stop taking pain pills. Do not buy hotel collection it is NOT the best. I wouldn't even say it is middle of the line. I spend hundreds a yr. at Macy's & think they should take it back as this mattress must be faulty or it had the wrong sticker on it instead of plush it should say firm. If you look up my account you would see I am one of your best customer's & am very upset. Nancy Ainsworth