Macys / harrasting phone calls

I owed $75 to Macy's on a revolving account that was due 10/4. I received a series of phone calls beginning around 10/8 that became daily until 10/18 about this past due bill. I could not understand the persons calling, nor could my husband when he took the call. Federal law requires a meaningful disclosure from the debt collector which I was not given, because the person spoke little English. I considered the calls harassing when I had never received so much as a 30-day late notice. This pro-active debt collection practice using staff who cannot speak Enlish puts Macy's at risk of violating federal debt collection practices.

Comments

• Po
      12th of Nov, 2010

I assume if you pay off your debt then the calls should stop.

• Qu
      1st of Jan, 2011

I always pay my credit card debt in full and on time. I have a long standing relationship with Macy's as a customer with an exemplary record. I received a harassing phone call from Macy's today (New Year's Day) because I was a few days late on a $20 bill. I never received the bill, but I understand that out of the many bills I pay every year, one can get away. The representative was very assertive and pressured me to pay the bill over the phone. I canceled my Macy's account and paid the bill on-line. I am very disappointed with Macy's aggressive pursuit of debtor, even when the debt is minor and the customers has an outstanding record.