Macy's / registry rewards fraud

United States Review updated:

Macy's wedding registry rewards program advertises that Macy's will credit the bride/groom with a gift card worth 5% of the gifts purchased for them plus 10% of goods they "self-purchase." I was entitled to about $220 under this program, but I was mailed a gift card worth $13. I called Macy's repeatedly over two years and spoke to at least 6 customer service reps, wasting countless hours, and not one could explain what happened. Each promised a call back or transferred me to a different department, but no one ever returned the call or did anything productive. Finally this January a supervisor named Russell Turner sent me an inventory claiming I bought negative $1033 of goods at one point, which is obviously impossible and subtracted $103 of store credit. I did purchase an item for about that amount which was apparently entered with the wrong sign in their computer and explains the ~$200 discrepancy. Problem solved, right? Unfortunately, I emailed the supervisor three more times and left phone messages, which he stopped returning, and I never received the store credit. I emailed my complaints to the presidential office and was of course ignored. Macy's clearly has impossibly bad customer service, defrauded me out of over $220, and wasted easily 10 hours of my time. Shop at Saks or somewhere else that cares about customers.

Ia

Comments

• Oi
      6th of Apr, 2011

Omg y r u complaining? You didn't even buy the items from your wedding registry, it's the people who attended your wedding that bought the items that you requested on your bridals registry list! Just because you got upset about getting a gift card thAt has little money on it. You didn't buy the items in the first place! Cheap person! Ugh

• Wh
      6th of Apr, 2011

oilyfatness is a good name for this creaton. 1st - contact store manager, if that gets you no where - phone corp. office and ask to speak to the office of Terry Lungren - he'll definately help you and you'll have the credit you deserve.