Macy's / finance charge

Macy's charged me a $2.00 finance charge on my last purchase saying I would get it back on my next purchase. I rarely use the card and I did get it back; however, now my account sits at -$2.00. This will be subtracted from my next purchase, but I'll get another finance charge added at the time of purchase. This will go on and on and I'll never get the $2.00 back unless I close the account, I guess.

$2.00 might sound like nothing, but multiply this by all the Macy card holders and you'll see that Macy's has a tidy sum from the pockets of its customers. To me, this seems like robbery because I always pay off my credit card purchases in full when I receive the bill. I never have a finance charge on any of my accounts.

Re

Comments

12th of May, 2011

The exact same thing happened to me. That is really a dirtbag, ###, and terrible way to do business. If you're a Macys card holder, you better check your bill for this fee, because you're getting stuck up the a$$ with this charge. Close your account now and stop shopping there, or use another credit card that doesn't stick it to you like Macys does. Let's say there are a million (probably more) Macys cardholders. If you multiply the number of cardholders that made purchases by $2, that's an extra $2 million dollars in Macys bank account. I don't even know how this is legal.