Macy's / unauthorized billing

I made some purchases from the Macy's store in January this year. They had some promotion going, and offered me to become a member to get a discount on my whole purchase. I said I don't want to open a card with them, to which they replied that it's not necessary. I paid for the items with my credit card and left. After three months I got contacted by their collector department that was demanding a payment. Only after minutes into the conversation I realized that he wanted me to pay the amount I already paid again plus a late fee. From his words I opened TWO cards with Macy's and one card has a balance on it I did not pay.

I have been fighting ever since, they had illegally opened the credit cards without my permission and harassing me every day for not paying and threated me for reporting it to credit agency. I have disputed it several time and asked them to show me the proof or signed copy of my receipts that i have asked to open them the cards and paid it using the store card. But ever after 5 months I have no reply from them.

Macy's Logo Macy's