Lowe's / do not use lowe's for windows

1 Plainville, MA, United States Review updated:

Don't waste your time, money, and sanity - Lowe's is a nightmare. I had them replace a large window in my home. They messed up the order initially, forgetting to order interior and exterior trim for the window. So the window arrived at the store on 6/1 without those parts, delaying my installation. After weeks of useless, terrible customer service, the remaining parts finally arrived and my window was installed at the end of August. Yes, that's right, my window that I paid for in April sat in the Lowe's store for over 2 months waiting for missing parts. After it was installed, we discovered they were the wrong windows. I paid for grills between the glass, but that's not what we got. So now we had to have new sashes ordered to replace the wrong ones. After calling the store multiple times to find out when the correct windows would be available and getting NO ONE to call me back, I finally called the district manager for the store. He said he'd take care of it personally and get me the right product. I waited several more weeks, and finally the new sashes arrived. The installers came to switch them out, only to discover when they unwrapped the sashes that they had the wrong color grills. So here I sit, and the end of September, still waiting for the product I paid for 5 months ago to arrive. At this point I'm doubtful I'll ever get the correct items.

Comments

8th of Mar, 2011

Yes, sometimes installers do make mistakes when they order, they are only human. But most of the time it is a vendor or a store associates mess up. The installer just turns in the information to the store, the associate orders it. Remember that the installers for Lowe's are all subcontracted and they are not actually the people ordering your windows. It does seem to take forever to resolve a problem with an incorrect order with Lowe's, though. So sorry that you are having this issue.

• Wi
      26th of Feb, 2016

I know exactly what he is going through with Lowes. I ordered my window replacements in August 2015 and here it is the end of February 2016. Still do not have my project finished as they have damaged, ordered wrong configuration or had windows leak due to their installation technique. I am now on my 5th delivery attempt from the factory to get it right. Still have 4 windows to go. They have had almost zero communication with me unless I instigated it. The project became so bad that I drove to the regional managers office to discuss. Ridiculous that I had to pay everything up front and accept all of their failures. Based on their delivery times, I expect this to go into the 8 - 9 month of waiting. I will not ever use them again and will warn anyone to stay away.

• Do
      10th of Mar, 2018

We signed a contract with Lowes Nov 6th 2017 and here we are 16 weeks later and still dealing with their LOUSY CONTRACTOR, AFFORDABLE HOMES AND RENOVATING out of Inverness Florida. They replaced aluminum windows with Pella Vinyl windows. Their contractor didn'nt insulate around the windows, used interior product for an exterior application, in 12 weeks they spent 16 total hours at our home working, 2 hrs here 5 hrs there etc etc. Had little if any luck with the Lowes store on 90th Ave in Ocala Fl. If your thinking of going through Lowes buy yourself a gun and shoot yourself in th foot LESS PAIN
    WE HAD MORE LUCK WITH CORPORATE HQ