Lowe's / poor customer service!

Lowe's customer service desk in Burbank, California is terrible! The staff behind the counter need a thorough course in "Customer Service." While waiting in line at the customer service desk for 25 minutes, another mini line was started and now it was my turn to get some help from the customer service staff. But, hey... the clerk did not bother to ask for the next customer in line. Instead, the clerk took the customer who just walked in the line. As a result, everyone in line was disturbed by this.

This happens quite often at the customer service desk. Everyone at that customer service desk do not know how to handle a customer with politeness. Instead, after being helped, most clerks at the customer service desk don't smile and don't welcome you to their store or even thank you for shopping at their store. It's these kinds of staff that make customer service bad, and give the customer a second thought about not coming back to their store.

Comments

• Mi
      22nd of Sep, 2007

I've been shopping at Lowe's for many years, and I will agree that this does happen sometimes. Here's my take; in any workplace, you have two types of employees. Some have a sense of pride in what they do, and make a solid, good faith effort to doing the best job they can do. Unfortuneately, these employees are rare birds. The majority of the employees just come to work for a paycheck. They arrive to work, mope through the day, and in general will be as lazy and unproductive as their managers allow them to be. These kinds of people are the type who fail, and are completely content with that. So, I'm feeling for ya Gail! As a consumer, I experience these types of things all the time, and as a retail manager myself (not with Lowe's), these are things we really need to strive to correct!

• Li
      20th of May, 2008

Lowes customer service is beyond unacceptable! I ordered a washer and dryer and nothing has gone right! Delivery time nothing! Then I call customer service and she says she is too busy to listen, cuts me off and transfers me. Will not deal with Lowes again esp Meriden Ct store. NO customer service

• Na
      29th of Jan, 2013

Lowes in Burbank is the worst when it comes to customer service. For some reason the employees seem to assume that the customer can read their minds. A couple of days ago i decided to buy some blinds. I had my measurements and was ready to go. The only problem, there was nobody to help except for one employee who was busy talking to a client she was helping about her entire life while she took her time cutting the blinds. I approached the two and stood behind the customer so that the employee can see me, hopefully take a minute and inform me of what i should do or if i was in the right place for what i needed. Nothing! I continued to wait until another employee showed up and proceeded to ask me if i needed help. As i was explaining to him what i needed, the employee who was helping the client adressed her co worker with " there is another line back there". That is when i asked her why she did not inform me that there was a line somewhere else. To make a long story short, we went to the designated area but found no line except for two ladies that needed help with special order that only the employee chatting with the client could do. I asked to speak to the manager and to my surprise she siad she was the manger. She obviously did not know how to manage. Instead of holding everyone, she could have given the task of cutting the blinds to the other employee while she took care of the other customers instead of engaging with her client in rude comments about other customers in the store. HORRIBLE. I wasted my day and had nothing done at the store. I will never shop there again.