Lincare / no respect

1 NC, United States Review updated:

Lincare is one of the most dirtiest companies that I have had the mispleasure of working for. First of all they invade your privacy, they will go in your desk and read your personal notes. They also make you work off the clock. You are suppose to take a lunch and if you don't get it, you still get punched out for it and you must continue working.
Also they try to get you do jobs that you are not licensed for but when confronted they deny it. Now it may seem like I am a disgruntled employee, but that is not it. I gave my heart an soul to this company for 4 years, doing the work off the clock, getting stuff for the company out of my own pocket with no reembursement. Then when they started nosing around in personal stuff that was the final straw. I made a formal complaint and the very next day I was forced to resign. Employee driven...yea right. They will stab you in the back in a heartbeat, so beware potential employees.

Un

Comments

• Ar
      7th of Dec, 2013

I'm noticing the same thing. Looks like they break good employees down to [censored]. Not smart. Don't they know that turnover = money? Seems like they don't train their staff very well either.

• Bo
      28th of Jan, 2014

I know all these post was from a few years back but I have to say I don't know what location you all worked at but I've been with them going on 11 years and up until 6 months ago there was 7 drivers with the top guy was 15 years down to the last hired and at that time he had 6 years in.. our senior passed away last august 2013 @ 44 Y/O he had the 15 years in then they let one go that had 13 years in but it was his own doings not lincares... maybe its not the job but you? Are you going to get rich working for them? No but unless you are way up in any company your not, but I drive a 2014 Camaro yes I am married and she helped with that too, ... I got my tax paper and I made alittle over 39k which isn't bad for doing what I love...I have my complaints.. but in what job don't you have complaints? Someone said something about the on call, it does suck you don't get paid unless you go out but its part of the job.. as for the patients... I love working with them and if I or anyone in my family or friends ever need O2 I will makes sure it comes from Lincare and I hope you and yours gets Apria lol

• Fo
      6th of Nov, 2018

@BobD46 Well BOB this sounds like a perfectly corporate PR scripted pile of bulls..t just like all the scripted questions presented I their "fireside meet and greet meetings with the Linde higher ups. Either my suspicions are correct - or - you have found extreme favor with a very high up person in their heirarchy

• Fo
      23rd of Jul, 2014

There is the right way to do things and there is the wrong way - Lincare, out of bottom line penny pinching, has decided to take the wrong way. I was sold a bill of goods about how Lincare is all about patient outcomes and supporting a high quality of life. This motto may work in the doctor's offices but in reality nothing could be further from the truth. What I'm saying may depend on your Center/Area Manager. Centers are kept at a bare minimum of staff to keep bonuses coming in for Center/Area managers. While theoretically this sounds like a good "high productivity" type of plan it ends up making the bottom line worse. Patients end up not getting assessed in time because the RT and office staff are overworked which cause held sales issues and acumulation of bad debt. If your Area manager decides there is too much bad debt they will bill the patient even though it was Lincare's fault that the government funding expired. This in turn causes angry patients to complain to doctors who in turn get angry and cease to refer to Lincare. What you end up with is a terrible held sales problem, no realistic was out of it on a permanent basis, less referrals (also because Sales reps need to pick up qualifying forms from doctors) and less revenue to support the staff you need to grow the business which is ALWAYS the main concern even if everything else is in the toilet. All this being said, Lincare has a wonderful goal of reducing patient readmissions and increasing quality of life. This goal is most likely what brings the energetic and caring employees it has. Where Lincare can make the most gains is to give the front line workers the tools and support they need to achieve those goals without having to work around the clock at 150% output 100% of the time.

• Th
      24th of Jul, 2014

Flip side - I just heard a disturbing story of a center manager physically attacking/strangling a CSR. Not sure what the argument was about, and frankly don't care. Police were called, and I honestly don't know the final outcome, but WTF??? For those of you who think Lincare is SUCH A GREAT PLACE TO WORK, I defy you to justify this type of an action by a member of management. Even though I no longer work there, I was flabbergasted. This to me is an excellent example of the 'things' they have there posing as a member of management.

• Ke
      19th of Jul, 2015

BobD46 you must be a corporate troll no one has anything to write about lincare. Why????? Because there is nothing positive to post. You are an ignorant piece of crap that doesn't know what he is talking about. You have to be a corporate troll or doing crystal meth with Brenda M. the rep from CA. you either need to pull your head out of your own ### or out of the ### of corporate lincare.

This company is begging for a lawsuit and hopefully [censored]es just like you who defend them and are too ignorant to learn anything better.

• Ke
      19th of Jul, 2015

they are busy hiring people like Brenda M. in Modesto, CA, who brag about their meth use and letting docs grab their breast!!!

• Re
      2nd of Feb, 2016

I have been with Lincare for over 3 years and still have problems with their Customer Service. Usually they don't answer their phones and then if you leave a message nobody ever calls you back. This Company is in charge of the making sure people like myself who rely on supplemental oxygen are taken care of and not giving us attitude about it!

• Ro
      18th of Jul, 2017

Call US Med Express. Not only do we treat our employees with the utmost respect, we treat our customers and patients like family. We will take great care of you. 866-544-8982

• Cu
      8th of Sep, 2018

Just read some 2 dozen comments - not one positive! To echo the sentiment, i have been a patient of Lincare for some two years, having switched from a competitor after I moved to the area. I obtain CPAP equipment and supplies for my personal use. I have NEVER dealt with a company with such POOR customer service! Each month, I wait for supplies that are promised for delivery in "a week to 10 days". Yet in most instances it's taken a month or longer. I am currently waiting for a mask cushion and filters that were ordered on 8/20/18 - three weeks ago. I learned two days ago that the order had never been processed … it has now been "shipped" with an estimated delivery time of 7 more days! I find the "service" staff is quick to blame others, never accepts responsibility and takes NO interest in its patients. I spoke with an office "manager" several weeks ago who said "we're a large company and we can't be interested in the needs of individual patients." (He did promise to look into my problem and to get back to me - I never heard back from him in 4+ weeks.) He later denied have made the comments, calling me a liar. Great example for a "manager"!!! I've tried reaching someone of authority in the "home office" but there is no way to send any written communication and customer service web forms are limited to something to pass along "compliments". -- no way available to express dissatisfaction! Senior corporate management ought to pay attention before they are out of business!

From my experience, it appears problems reside in attitude of staff, lack of training and any quality assurance process to insure customer satisfaction!

• Mu
      5th of Oct, 2018

I work for lincare in murphysboro Illinois. This company is an absolute JOKE! We’ve ran for 5 months now while we’re short a nurse, driver, csr and a SR. We’re busting our asses in this place and we get absolutely nothing in return but more work! We have patients to set up o2 for but no concentrators, we are constantly running out of oxygen tanks, we don’t have most supplies our patients need... but worst of all our management is a complete failure and joke! Literally screams and yells at employees in an actual screaming match, sends derogatory text messages in group and personal messages. The company installed dash cams in the vans and apparently they’re secretly recording audio. I’m awaiting an appoint with an employment lawyer about this. This center is massively behind on set up orders and it’s all being hidden by the manager so the regional manager doesn’t find out. This company is an absolute joke and I cannot wait to get another office job in a company that actually cares.