Light In The Box / rip-off company

United States, Illinois Review updated:
Light in the Box
Do not do business with light-in-the-box!!!

I ordered an anime costume from this company, paid extra for the package that included the matching slippers; included free shipping. When the package arrived, slippers were missing (Rejected by us customs), and ups needed $20.75 for shipping charges (Brokerage fees? Because the package originated in china).

Ups tells me if litb had ordered a different shipping/billing method, I would not be been billed the extra $20.75.

When I try to contact litb, I get an unmaned phone # (No voice mail, just "call back later). When the order was placed, I received an email from my"customer service rep", I tried to contact him. His reply: contact litb!!

Litb says they will send new slippers — what good will that do?! If the first pair were rejected by customs, i'm sure the 2wnd pair will be too! And they didn't say a word about the ups shipping charges.

Ups has be a bit ticked off as well, as the driver told me proof of these shipping charges would be online, through the tracking number. There is no such proof. Its taken me several phone calls and numerous transfers to get anything from ups — everyone I talked to there says there is nothing available to proof that this was billed to me and that I paid it. How can a big co. Like ups not be able to print an invoice for their shipping charges?! I finally got a screen shot of the charges. But from what i've read about litb, I doubt that is going to help. Sounds like i'm just sol.

Do not do business with light-in-the-box!!!

N  5th of Sep, 2009 by
It looks like you should be mad at the US customs and UPS, not LITB. A store in China can't predict that one of the items they send you will be stopped by the US customs, or what extra fees UPS will decide to charge you.

Just in case you didn't know, UPS is a terrible company. They'll always have the highest "fees" to be paid when you receive the package. They also have a huge problem sticking to their delivery schedule and will always come when you're not home and then make 2 more imaginary attempts to deliver your package (yes, imaginary because the never really come back). And their customer service...well, I am not sure why they have one since they are utterly useless.

I have never tried LITB, but I did try UPS (regretfully) several times and I don't recall having a single positive experience with them. Just remember LITB is in a whole different country on the other side of the world and therefor communication problems, specially over the phone, are pron to happen. Besides, for what you described, even with all that they did try to fix the issue.

If they sent you what they were supposed to send, it's not their fault if YOUR country's customs decided to keep your slippers or if UPS decided you should be charged $20.75 to get your package.

According to what you said, the only mistake LITB made was using UPS to ship their product.
N  19th of Oct, 2009 by
Dear customer,

On behalf of LightInTheBox.com, we apologize for the unpleasant experiences and the late reply. We are extremely concerned to read your comments. We would like to know more details so we can address this issue promptly.

You can reach me at Denny@lightinthebox.com. Include your order number and contact info (a reachable phone number is best) and we will assist you very soon.

Thanks and Regards,
A  22nd of Apr, 2011 by
I am awaiting a reply to the cocktail dress I mailed back to you on March 14, 2011.
Has it been received? In addition to the dress, mailing costs were substantial and I've heard nothing. Your phone does not reply nor does the website provide any helpful information.. The dress was returned unworn, with tags still on because it did not fit me.
My order # 1102121701302.
I can be reached at 740-592-2063 in the US.
Dealing with this company has been extremely frustrating. Kindly respond to this Email.
Gladys B. Stern
N  14th of Jul, 2011 by
Dear Customers,

We want to apologize for whatever inconvenience you have experienced while shopping with us. We are continuously working on improving our products and service, so we very much value your feedback.

We would also like to invite all customers with pending issues to please post your order number in your comments, this way we can investigate your case and contact you directly.

Otherwise, you can always contact our Customer Service team. They will do their best to offer the most suitable solution to your problem. You simply need to log into your LightInTheBox.com account and submit a ticket.

Please follow this link to read more about how to contact Customer Service: http://www.lightinthebox.com/knowledge-base/c5/a2746.html

Our Customer Service team will promptly reply to your inquiry, and should you need more help, you can submit a reply to Customer Service under their answer to the ticket in question. Thank you for your patience.

N  20th of Jul, 2011 by
Customers with a means for timely feedback . WE NEED!
N  27th of Aug, 2015 by
i ordered some items a month ago you have catched the money right a way .iam still waiting for my orders so far no way to reach your company.what is going on why did your company remove their phone number, how can the customers reach you guys.please reply to me at phone#954-899-1684 or contact me on emaILgebara55mg98@gmail.com thank you
N  3rd of Jun, 2016 by
Does Light in the box have a 1800 number?
N  4th of Jun, 2016 by
Dear Customer,

At the time we do not provide a 800 number. but we have our ticket center for customers who can contact us, all the tickets submitted by customer will be replied within 24 hours.

Here is how to contact customer service:
Here is how you can contact customer service: http://www.lightinthebox.com/knowledge-base/c1192/a2974.html

Light In The Box Logo Light In The Box