LG icemaker- bottom freezer refridgerator / icemaker

1 Orlando, FL, United States Review updated:

I purchased the bottom freezer refridgerator with top French doors. Since day one the icemaker didnt work. Six months later and 6 service calls later it was fixed. Now one year later the icemaker doesn't work again. The approved LG technician was called and told me there was a technical bulletin reference an "upgrade" done to the icemaker due to numerous problems. LG 's attitude today is too bad so sad.

Cool looking fridge, but DO NOT BUY IT. Trust me, not worth spending this kind of money on a company that will not stand behind their product.

Hi

Comments

• Ba
      17th of May, 2008

My LG Bottom Freezer/French Doors Top has been repaired TWICE now! Their is a definate flaw ! Class action Law Suitf47e8

5th of Jun, 2008

Does anyone know if there is a class action against LG for selling defective fridge? LA has lemon law on consumer applicances and I have a 3 month old lfx25960st with 3 repairs already and still no ice

22nd of Aug, 2008

Thank you Angel & Bake for these comments...I am in the market for a new fridge- bottom freezer (as I am tired of getting hit in the foot with falling meat)
    I will now stay away from an LG and look to a Kenmore or GE
    Thanks again

• Co
      15th of May, 2009

I am an attorney near Philadelphia who is considering initiating a class action against LG related to the defective design of their ice maker. I have clients in different states who have had problems that LG fixed, but the problems re-occurred after the warranty expired. Ive been advised by mechanics that leaks are inevitable based on the design. I'm usually on the defense side of product liability cases, but this seems to be a common defect. If you are interesed in such a suit, feel free to contact me at corrlaw@verizon.net. Law Office of John A. Corr, (610) 482-4237.

• Tl
      1st of Jul, 2009

I bought my LG fridge-freezer bottom about two years ago. I had several problems with my ice maker untill I had my repair man fix it. I also have a problem with my freeser having ice in the rear built up that I have to remove chunks of ice out of it. I also for some reason the frezzer has water comming out of the botoom that ruined my new hardwood floor. I have notified my attorney general office, the LG company and the company I purchased the unit from. Yes it looks nice but with the water leak, the ice, the ice maker, it is a piece of garbage.

30th of Dec, 2009

Yet another LG ice maker failure, wont make ice and LG claims it's only covered for one year. The warrantee in the book says 2 years parts and labor.
    Fortunately my dealer is going to try again to get LG to cover the ice maker, it has worked off and on since it was purchased 18 months ago.

30th of Dec, 2009

U.S. Department of Energy regarding several LG and Kenmore refrigerators.
    NOT ENERGY STAR COMPLIANT
    LG has a poor track record of contacting consumers about this problem and the agreement reached with the DOE

Read it at:

/www.energy.gov/news/6740.htm

They should just replace all the defective units sold.
    Between the bad ice makers and the energy use problem there prime for a law suit.

• Pa
      22nd of Jan, 2010

i have a lg fridge lfx25960st, , , paid 2333.00 for it it is 3 years old this month, and i am now purchasing my 3rd ice maker, i called lg in alabama, the so called manager was rude, sorry your 1 year is up, i will never buy a lg product again, not even a dog dish, it cost 216.00 labor for 2 service calls plus the cost of the part.it is sad that they can get away with crap like this

• Jm
      19th of Nov, 2010

own a LG LFX25960ST, and am disappointed. Recommend strongly against owning one. Ice maker front ice door won't open to serve ice. Leaks water down the front of the fridge and onto the wood floor. Turns out LG misrepresented the energy star rating as well too, so the DOE is making them pay up, but when you go to LG's website to register, the link is broken. Will turn my ice maker off for now. Wonder after searching around if it's a valve or solenoid that needs repair, as I also get standing ice in the bottom of my ice maker. I own many LG products, but if I can't get to a decent solution on this, I'm done with the company.

8th of Apr, 2011

We purchased a LG French Door Model# LFC22740SB and paid upwards of 2000.00 for it also. Two years later the ice maker is leaking all over the place. Repair guy told me it was a common thing for this to happen to the LG models. Very disappointed with it and will not make the same purchase again!

• Pa
      26th of Aug, 2014

Completely agree that this refrigerator looks nice, but is a piece of junk. LFX31925ST. Cost was 2400 USD. We unfortunately bought one 10/1/2011 and since 5/2014 it was starting to get very loud. To make a long story short, we have had the LG technicians out several times, they replaced some Boards, and the freezer portion never worked after 5/2014 again. Now it is nearly 9/2014 and they still have not been able to repair it. The technicians charged us so far north of 300 USD and it is still not working...The refrigerator has been a huge disappointment and we will have to get another one. There is no way around it. Next one will definitely not be an LG, never ever anything from LG again.

• Do
      22nd of Feb, 2017

We have a lg lfx29945st bottom icemaker will work good for a while then the next thing you want I'll have it over filling and it ruined all of the ice you already had what is this caused from my email is donsan47@aol.com

• Sh
      22nd of Sep, 2017

Lg ice maker is crap, installing third one in four years.wife said not to buy lg go with a trusted name, once again I should have listen. Ray w