LG Electronics / lcd tv is junk/bad customer service

I bought a LG 37" LCD 2 years ago and the picture is now junk. I called LG to see if they could either fix it or help me get it fixed. They said they couldn't help me because it was no longer under warranty. I can somewhat understand that, but when you spend $1400 on something you expect it to last longer than 2 years. I mean they couldn't help in any way in trying to get it fixed, ie. me sending it in and paying for it, them sending out a service person and me paying for it. The only advice they could give me on getting it fixed was to see if the store where I bought it could help. This company makes these TV's, takes your money and when they crap out on you is not willing to help in any way. LG is junk and I will never purchase anything made by them again.

A  4th of Aug, 2009 by
I also purchased an LG LCD 27" and paid $2200 cdn. The warranty was over by two months and they would not honor the warranty. Now they did tell me that they have made exceptions in the past when the warranty expired but in my case they changed the policy and I was told too bad we cant help you.

I was a loyal supporter of there brands and will never ever purchase any LG products in the future. No T.V's should break down after two years.

LG Electronics Logo LG Electronics