LG Electronics / deplorable warranty repair scheduling service

1 Canada

I tried to set up an appointment for warranty repair on our 8 month old oven and ran into huge issues with your phone staff. I wanted an appointment on Friday the 18th (over two weeks away) so I could take (unpaid) time off work that best fit my schedule. I was told that they would make the appointment for a Friday two weeks off and they would call back to confirm. They called on the Sunday before and said the appointment was for Wednesday. I said I needed it for the Friday and that I had already scheduled the time off. They told me they would check with the repair center when they opened on Monday morning and get back to me. No one called. I called LG on Wed. to see what was happening and was told that the appointment was now for the following Wed. When I expressed my dissatisfaction with this, they spoke internally and said they would call back. They didn't. (on a side note, I left my number to complete my customer satisfaction telephone survey and they didn't call back--TWICE). I called back again and was told they had sent me an email. I didn't get one--don't know if this was a lie or a mistake (sad to have to say for sure). We went back up the chain of command there and eventually I was told that the service people weren't working on Friday the 18th at all and this was the first I was told of this. I had already taken the time off for the 18th, too. They offered me and additional 6 months manufacturer's warranty as compensation. NOW WHY WOULD I WANT AN ADDITIONAL 6 MONTHS MISERY???, ESPECIALLY IN THE CONTEXT OF MY ALREADY HAVE PURCHASED AN EXTENDED WARRANTY THROUGH HOME DEPOT? They said the service people were working on the 25th, so now I have taken that time off too. I eagerly await their confirmation call. I can't wait to see how this can further get screwed up.
This treatment is deplorable and one that cannot be tolerated. I spent three thousand for this range and LG can't even book a repair. No wonder people go to Costco to buy big ticket items. I can just take it back there and get a new one, no questions asked. No hoops. No lies. No errors. LG should be ashamed of itself.

Fr