LG Canada / warranty service

1 Powell River, British Columbia, Canada Review updated:

I purchased an LG dishwasher with a 2 year warranty. After 1 year the dishwasher stopped working. I've been waiting for a part to fix the dishwasher for 6 months now. I have called LG several times regarding this issue. They have done NOTHING!!! I have registered a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.
DO NOT BUY LG APPLIANCES they do not full fill their warranty agreements!!!

Comments

• Dr
      20th of Apr, 2011
    LG - Poor service
    lg india
    India

This is to inform you that my i have bought an window ac of lg on 16th July 2010 with equipment number lwa5hw2dd1 serial number 001077 from a shop in Jaipur India. I have opted for the free ac service for which i called upon the customer care. They informed me a complaint number rna110413047972. They said that product will be serviced within 24 hours, but contrary to it there was no response for 6 days. I again called them up they said the complaint have been cancelled. Again complaint was lodged and this time number was rna110419064909. I have already informed the head office in Mumbai, but there was no progress. There is no response from head office or any of company representative after 26 hours. This is damn ridiculous for a company whose punch line is lg life good. I have five products of lg but i m sure by this poor response that will never ever opt for the lg product in future.

• Er
      20th of Apr, 2011

Same story different appliance. Bought a Range Microwave at Home Depot Canada - you know the type, pain in the A#$ to install and remove because it's mounted into the wall and cabinet. I'm usually a bottom of the line, disposable type of guy - but I decided I didn't want to be replacing this every two years so I thought I was bumping up a notch from my usual by purchasing the LG (150% more than the other unit I was looking at.) Well, I should have bought the disposable, it would have lasted as long and I would have been able to buy 2 of them and keep one as a spare. The LG blew a magnetron after 18 months (I thought wow! LG will warranty the part for up to 5 years, it's a pain to pull down, but at least it's covered.)

Well, to have it covered (because the rest of the unit was not covered, ) I needed to take it to a technician and fork out a nominal diagnostic fee so that they could assure LG that it was the magnetron (It doesn't take a diagnostic to tell if everything works except the food doesn't get hot and a weird sound is being made that it a Magnetron, but meh.) Emailed diagnostic to support and was told no issue - we don't repair microwaves, we replace and that I would get a new one - we will be shipping it out immediately expext in 5 business days. OK. 7 business days go by and I call back, they have no record that a shipment was approved. ARGH! Supervisor setups up a new shipment (with Rush) it will arrive at shippers location in 2-3 business days and they will call you to arrage a delivery (likely another 2-3 business days.) No problem. 5 business days later, no call - new supervisor "sets me straight" that no one would have told me such a short timeline (a vernacular for "you're a liar"), that it's going to be 10-15 business days.

To paraphrase Strong Bad - The LG is for SUCKS! This is one of the worst experiences of my life - I know it is only a microwave, but in today's society, try going 6 weeks without one, you might as well be camping! Had I know they were going to D^%K me around this much I would have just went and bought a Danby and been having my perverbial microwaved KD for dinner the night it died.

As it stand, I think I am going to buy a no-name today anyway – I’m done with LG. Anyone want to buy a Brand New still in box LG Range Microwave (if it ever arrives?!?!)

Lesson learned - LG was good as long as it's the cheapest price in the class - Now that they are trying to pretend that they are a mid-range product offering, they are selling the same entry level product at an inflated price - if you want a nice unit, buy a nice unit avoid the LG.

• He
      23rd of Apr, 2011

We will never, ever, buy another LG product. Five years ago, we puchased 3 expensive LG products; a washer, a dryer and a 25 cu. ft. fridge. The washer leaked from three months after purchase. We have had it repaired twice ($500 in total at OUR cost) and finally had to buy a brand new washer today. (As you may well guess, it is NOT an LG) We had to replace the heating element in the LG dryer last fall. The LG fridge, we just found out today, is on a recall list where certain parts in the mechanism can cause fires. When we called LG today about the fridge, they told us they would give us another year warranty. Another year warranty??? You have to be kidding. It is a fire hazard; they are supposed to replace the parts with a retrofit kit which is supposed to be free however, they don’t seem to want to do that. LG…NO WAY.

• Sh
      24th of Apr, 2011

I purchased a 32 inch lcd tv for our house 4 months ago, (dec, 2010) woke up easter sunday to watch tv(coronation street) and first the volume was weird, changed the chanel, and the audio didn't change with it, , then it just turned off. switched the power off for an hour, nothing, tried the input, nothing.. unplugged and plugged in, again nothing. I contacted LG Canada and spoke to a lady on the phone in customer service who tried directing me to a service center, not happening. i will be on the phone with LG first thing tomorrow.. and i am not hanging up until i get better satisfaction than a repair center

• Ze
      5th of May, 2011
    LG Computer System - Damage during whikle repairing mother board.
    India

I bought this coputer system on 22/10/2008.On the 7th of April 2011 the system shut down and no response was there on the monitor.I Cleaned the dust from the system I called up Customer Care and they provided me the Number and Address of the authorised service center as my cpu is under warrenty.On 20th April 2011 I and my husband went to the service center Mr lallan told us that it will take only half an hour.My husband was watching him from the glass window and I was sitting near the reception.Suddenly Mr Lallan asked my husband to bring Photocopy of the bill.As soon as my huband left that place mr Lallan came with a smile and said that the pins under the processor were all bend and one was broken.And they started giving me the prices for optional motherboard to purchase.When my husband came back I told him abt what happend.We asked them to Pack it and give us back.We came back home.I asked some of my friends and also to the person who has connected internet about the Processor.What I came to know that that pins are so tiny that only by hammer or somethingh hard it can be bend and if it has briken then some one has tried to hit it very hard.I called the customer care again but they told me that they can only lodge a complaint of Desk tops and laptops not CPU they provided me Number of Ms Shobha Pandey 9811354682, She just listened to me and conffrenced my call to mr Lallan without telling me.He was just blaming me that why it took 15 days to make the complaint? And on that day why did we asked them to pack the CPU and went back home?After that they dropped my call and there was no response Ms Shobha pandey, and when I was trying to call her she was disconnecting my call.Now tell me what should I do? My system is under warranty why I should pay for it when there is not my fault? Is this the service LG is giving? The reason Mr Lallan is giving is that, That LG will not replace this motherboard.They are pointing out that we have opened the system and we have done the damage.I just took out the dust and didnot even touch the processor as I was not aware of it.What is it and how it is taken out from the place it is fixed.When mr Lalln should us then only I came to Know.And he was showing to each and everyone standing there and making fun of it.Some customers told me that these guys are doing the same thing, for expensive parts of the system they try not to replace but to earn mony from the customer.Now I want an solution otherwise I have to go to Consumer Court and tell media about what had happened with me.How LG could have such irresponsible and impatient people working for it.

• Ka
      25th of May, 2011

Dear Sir,
    We are LG Customer, we have purchased LG Mobile (Model: LG GD-510 Purple, RSN No.: 359930-03-029796-9, S/N: 0071PEL029796) as on 11.09.2010 from [censored]al Communication, Vapi. This mobile is not working priority from 15.05.2011 & submitted to your respective service centre (Kare Center, Vapi) as on 18.05.2011. This problem is create the second time same problem. First time problem start from dated 17.10.2010 & solution after 15 days @ Servicing Centre. I am not able to any work. I feel havebeen absloutely cheated and my Rs. 5800 have gone a waste.
    We had already communication with your respective vapi service centre, But till now not complete your process (i.e. your service are not fulfilled) & not any satisfactory reply or action taken in this regards.

In event of not given any solution within 03 days on your information we will have no other option but forced to go to consumer court with Police authorities and take legal / Civil action against your company.
    So, kindly look in to the matter and take immediately appropriate judgment is highly appreciated.

• Ke
      9th of Jun, 2011
    LG Electronics - LG Refridgerator
    LG Electronics
    New York

Purchased an LG 3 Door Super Capacity refrigerator in 2006. Within 2 years, the doors on the Crisper Bins fell off and no longer served its purpose to keep fruits and vegetable with optimal humidity levels. As a result, food does not stay fresh and waste increases. Also, the shelving unit supports broke apart and and therefore space is not able to be used efficiently. Further, the seams around the door have ripped and room tempeture air seeps into the unit. When I contacted customer service, they initially indicated that they would escalate the matter to their "Voice of the Customer" team. After receiving no follow up weeks later, I reached back to customer service. They indicated there was nothing they could do as the warranty on parts, other than the compressor, is for 1 year. I will post a video on You Tube to provide evidence of these issues. I have suggested to my friends, family and contacts to not purchase an LG refrigerator.

30th of Jun, 2011
    LG Washer - bad service
    CONNS
    Austin
    Texas
    Phone: 18003799809

my complaint is never buy anything from CONNS bad service even if you buy warranty to have someone service your washer like mines it only worked for 4 days after that forget it's been almost a month that no one has come to service it yet ugh at this point im about to take it back but they said it would count has a repo I'm like oh no it needs a the whole digital memory star and power button part it came in last and the were not even plan to call me just to schedule a time and date for them to come put it in now I have to wait one more week for that ...my point is that im never doing bussines with them ever again, , , ,

• Mc
      1st of Jul, 2011
    LG - Deniel for repairing teh four year old 42
    LG
    LGE.COM

Lg company is denying to provide service support for the four year old lcd tv 42" size on the ground that this product is discontinued from production range.

Lg officer on the service desk are not bothered to lift phone or even reply on mail.

• Mc
      1st of Jul, 2011

i agree with you as the service staff and service providers of lg are very rude and adamant in their behavior.

Instead providing the service they misbehave and avoid attending the customer.

LG company must check with the NOIDA branch staff as well as the service provider to save the image

• Sl
      16th of Jul, 2011

I, I bought a LGT-320G cell phone and I cant find anywhere a owner's manual. I try to download from you site and nothing work. I cant register my phone either. Many time I gave my cell model and my answer was '' Don't find the page you've ask''. Please give me an answer shortly. Here's my email: [protected]@.videotron.ca Thank you for you're informations

• Ka
      16th of Jul, 2011
    LG Electronics - Poor After Sales Services
    LG Electronics

With much regret i would like to bring to your notice of the poor after sales services been rendered by your company's Calcutta, India office, bearing complaint reference number C1093004981. I am sorry to inform you that I was highly disappointed by the Service provided by your company. The above complaint was made on 30th Sept'2010 (againt 32 inch LCD Jazz Theatre model) afterwhich the service engineer advised us of replacement of 32 inch LCL panel. Since the product was within the waranty period i was assured that the panel will be changed within 6 days (i.e within 08th Oct'10). But with our utter distress, i would like to inform you that till date (i.e 23rd Oct'2010) the replacement did not take place. Everytime i'am informed that the spares not available at Calcutta office & the replacement panel is in transit. Sir, in this fast moving world that we live in - how long does it take for the panel to reach Calcutta???

I have never had the occasion to complain about your services in the past and in view of such a good track record, however the lacklasture shown by your Calcutta, India counterpart Customer service office has been a big letdown. Today i regret for spending a huge money on a LG product where alternative oprtions were readily available in the market. My bitter experience with LG after sales services will withhold me from advising friends & relatives to buy a LG product.

• Ra
      12th of Aug, 2011
    L G portable air conditioner - returns
    L G
    Phone: 1-800-243--0000
    lg.com

i purchased a brand new portable AC unit in march, and the compressor for the AC unit has already stopped working. i had a Technican come to my house to attempt to repair the unit but was unable to because they did not have any of the compressors in stock. he then told me that the AC was unable to be used because it was becoming very hot and posed a risk of fire. i filed to paperwork as i was told and was told that i would be contacted in 24-48hrs. after 2 days i then contacted the company and was told that nothing was on file with them and that it was going to have to be resubmitted. after i was told by the technican that it would be replaced in a timely manner and that they are rushing them through because it is the middle of the summer i was now told that it would have to be resubmitted and that it would be 2-4 weeks before anything would be done. i was told that the part would take less time than that by the technican. with attempting to speak with a manager they were talking over me when i was trying to speak with them and then was told that there was nothing that could be done for me and that i could try to go back to the company i bought it at even though the unit is still under warranty. so after over a week with out having my brand new AC unit i now have to wait another month to get it fixed or replaced and then the summer will be over. if you ever purchase anything from LG make sure that the place you buy it from will accept it as a return while its under warranty or dont need the item for another month

• Fa
      28th of Aug, 2011
    LG Refridgerator - Repaired 6 times in a year
    lg
    India

non attending of complaint of defect in cooling of 2 door refridgerator made on 28 august 2011 at 10 am

• Mo
      29th of Sep, 2011
    LG / Microwave Oven - hopeless after sales service
    LG ELECTRONICS
    India

My LG Microwave failed on the 1st August and a complaint was registered. RNA 110801052207. A technician attend on the 2 nd august and said the control PCB is defective and need to order. And no news from them for 10 days and hence I contacted their toll free number and lodged a complaint against their ALWAYE service unit. Just because of that they played dirty games with me. They never contacted me for one month and up on my repeated complaints another technician came and removed a part from my oven. His service centre promised me over the phone that it will be replaced or repaired in 4 days time. I did not hear from them for almost 10 days and again complained to their customer care. Just because of that they did not give back the part for another 14 days. With this part in place, at least I could use the microwave for warming up function. Now, with this part with them, I could not even do that. That is how the harrased me for almost 2 months and finally the fit back my defective part . SO THE ONLY THING LG SERVICE CENTRE AT ALWAYE, DID IS NOTHING BUT HARASSED ME BY KEEPING MY OVEN NON FUNCTIONAL FOR TWO MONTHS. All this is because I complained against their service centre. Is this not a mafia kind operation ? Don't LG has any responsibility to have their products serviced after it is sold ? If they retaliate like this to the customers who complain why do they have this so called customer care service. LIFE IS DEFINITELY NOT GOOD LIKE THIS ????!!!. I am aware that unfortunately there is absolutely nothing I can do to such corporate giants in India, but If I can stop at least one man from buying their products, I am sure I made a point.

20th of Oct, 2011

I bought an LG dishwasher at the end of June. It has never worked properly and they have sent techs out twice to look at it. I have been told to only use a certain type of dishwasher soap, and to always use the pot scrubber cycle. How ridiculous! I have tried many things but my dishes still do not come clean. In fact, they come out with a white film on them. This same white film is all over the stainless steel parts on the inside of the dishwasher. LG has refused to do anything about this. I have had to go to Home Depot where I purchased it to file a complaint. Luckily Home Depot knows how to treat their customers, and they are taking the dishwasher back. I will never buy LG again.

• Sl
      20th of Oct, 2011

I know what you mean, I have bought a dishwasher from another company, and the techs told me that the water is proper to use a dishwasher. My old dishmasher was 30 year old and the dishers was more clean then the new one... and it was the same water. I think that somebody is taking us for dumb or something else.

• Ro
      22nd of Nov, 2011
    LG Electronics/LG 42 LCD HDTV - Buyer Beware of LG Electronics
    New York

A bought a new 42" LG LCD TV 42LC2D in December 2006 for $1, 600 from a local electronic store with lifetime warranty on labor. It seemed to work fine but I've noticed over a period of time that the picture has developed distortions that look like a grey mountain range on the top of the screen. I brought the LG to the shop that I bought it from and they check it out. They determined that the problem is a defective panel and the problem will continue to get worse until it completely fails. They have never seen this before. They searched for a new replacement panel and found them listed for $1, 600 (double today’s price of a replacement LCD TV) but none were available. The service manager suggested that I call LG. I called customer service and it was a total waste of time. LG said the unit has a one year warranty and that's it. I said this was a very unusual problem, would you like to speak to the technician that diagnosed the problem. They said no. I complained about the lack of quality on a $1, 600, four and a half year old unit and LG’s lack of responsibility to provide any relief for a defective product… not even offering a discount on a new TV that sells for half the price of a replacement panel.
    This reflects a total lack of product quality and customer service. This was my first and last LG product. And, I would advise other consumers to avoid LG products like the plague. Check the online complaint boards…they’re filled with disgusted LG customers. There are a number of other companies that offer competitively priced, quality products. I would also ask the opinion of your local technician to learn which HDTV brands and models have better repair histories and are responsive to local service departments because LG sucks!

• Tv