Lens Crafters / stay away

I purchased glasses from Lens Crafters 5 months ago. Today is the 10 time they fell apart and I lost the lens. When I went back to the store they told me "Sorry but that will be $162." I have had to bring them back for lost screws. These glasses were faulty from the start, but they don't seem to care. My daughter's glasses have also had to have the screw replace 5 or 6 times in the last 4 months. The last time we went there they super glued them together and said that is all they can do. I spent over $1000 for 2 pairs of glasses and they are super gluing them. What's up with that?

I will be telling everyone one I know to stay away from there. I will also be speaking to our benefits department about this serve.

Da

Comments

13th of May, 2012

I wanted a deal that was 2 for 1, and would have paid for them. Except that the frames I selected that was the most expensive, ($142.00), were said to be to small for an invisible bifocal, and the lens had to be either for reading or distance. I asked, "how can you make me pay for an eye exam, ($79), when Medical would allow you to bill them for the exam, and, how is it that I can only have them prepared for me to see at a distance, but not be able to read with them? I mean, what is the problem with this? Does any one else see that there is a problem with their explanation? As for the other pair of frames, which were acutually sunglasses, Lens Crafters wanted me to keep them dark, by the wider vision of the bifocal because the standard vision was not in stock. The sales clerk thought that it would be better for me to pay the extra money to keep from haveing to wait two weeks for the "standard vision". I have 90 days to get some answers to some very perplexing and suspect sales techniques that I have witnessed at Lens Crafters. MLC. 5/13/2012