LCBO

Posted: Aug 27, 2017 by

false judgement about a customer

On Friday August 25th at 8:00 pm on my way back home I went to the LCBO located at Dorval and QEW in Oakville and got some wine and other products. I paid normally and get into my car, parked just in front of the store, to go home.

Few minutes later I got a phone call from my son asking me if I went to the LCBO at Dorval. I said yes. Why? Here are 2 police officers asking for you.

When I got home the police officers asked me if I knew why they where there. I responded that I have no Idea. They told me that they got a call from the LCBO indicating that I was drunk. The police officers immediately realized that I wasn't intoxicated or have consumed any alcohol and left.

On Saturday August 26th I went to the same LCBO store looking to talk to the manager and find out what happened. After talking with one of the employees and explaining why I wanted to talk with him/her I was told that the store manager wasn't there and would not be for the following week. On addition, that a new manager was coming to the store after a week.

I would like to have a apology from LCBO for this false judgement and for embarrassing me with my neighbours when they saw the police.

I am very respectful of the laws and whenever I drink I do it at home only and never go outside after drinking.

I understand that if some appears to be intoxicated the LCBO can refuse selling their products to that person. Appropriate judgement must be applied to avoid this kind of situations where someone get wrongly judged.
Complaint comments Comments (7) Complaint country Canada Complaint category Retail Stores

Comments

N  28th of Aug, 2017 by    +2 Votes
Yeah same thing happened to me. Just because my speech was slurred and I could not walk in a straight line does not mean i was drunk.
N  19th of Sep, 2017 by    0 Votes
Its not false judgement... it is our job to make sure you are sober, we occasionally make mistakes, but we follow a guideline the LCBO teaches us, so if anyone is making a mistake its them.
N  20th of Sep, 2017 by    +2 Votes
@cplcbo I agree, you made a mistake and thought I was drunk when I walked into one of your stores and had slurred speech and could not walk in a straight line, but I was understanding.
N  21st of Sep, 2017 by    +1 Votes
@aaread People usually mistake up getting high, and being drunk as the same thing.
N  21st of Sep, 2017 by    0 Votes
@First Born Triplet I take it that LCBO is a Canadian Liquor store. Well I can beat you with your comment triplet. I too tried to purchase alcohol. But they would not let me just because like you I was having trouble with my speech, it was slurred, I could not walk in a straight line and kept knocking things over, I smelled of cheap booze, and the worst part was they would not accept my fake ID. They told me that I am not Barrack Obama, and don't even look like him. That he is black and I am white. Do I stumbled out of the store, fell a few times and slept in the playground. A few hours I went back home because I had forgotten my way home the night before. Now this person I don't know comes and tells me that she is pregnant, and I am the father of her child. I don't remember anything but she said we had a good time.
N  21st of Sep, 2017 by    0 Votes
Oh and I even changed the spelling of Barack Obama on my fake ID and they still did not accept. I used two R's instead of one.
N  23rd of Sep, 2017 by    +2 Votes
@Peter 99 ninety nine For some reason they also did not accept my fake ID either, they did not believe that I was Queen Elizabeth II.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree