La-Z-Boy / bad service
About 4 weeks ago I purchased a La-Z-Boy home theater set from the clearance department of my local furniture store. I now need a replacement motor for the power recliner and the store told me that since it was purchased on clearance that La-Z-Boy would not honor the manufacturer's warranty even though I was the orginal purcahser. I called La-Z-Boy and got the same story from them. I do remember seeing that items are "as is", but I don't recall seeing anywhere on my recipt nor posted in the clearance department that the manufacturer would not stand behind their product if you had problems later. I have never experienced customer service like this before. Is this an industry standard for furniture manufacturers? I can only hope they get to make the same discovery when they buy their new car at the end of year clearance sale from the car dealership. "I'm sorry your transmission went out on your 1 month old car. Oh wait, you bought that on clearance so we didn't sell it to you with a manufacturer's warranty. Sorry, but at least you got a great price on the car. Would you like to consider trading that in on new model?"
More La-Z-Boy Complaints & Reviews
- Lazy Boy Furniture - poor quality/ mechanisims break 
- La-Z-y Boy Spas - don't stand behind warranties lazy on customer service and quality 
- lazyboy sofa and recliner - cheap fabric and mechanisms 
- Lazy Boy - warranty no good 
- La-Z-Boy - delivery charges 
- La-Z-Boy - undelivered
- La-Z-Boy - warranty service
- La-Z-Boy - deceptive advertising relating to leather colors
- La-Z-Boy - lazy boy recliner latching device allows recliner to slip down when going back in it.
- La-Z-Boy - disputed account - sales bill #505214 - cust 146680