LA Fitness / discrimination

1 on Southern AveTempe, AZ, United States Review updated:

I recently signed up with Pure Fitness in Tempe, AZ and the next day I learned that it was closing. I assured that my membership would be honored at any LA Fitness location if I signed a waiver and at the closest one to me on Southern Ave. Despite the fact that I had already paid for two months, when I went to the LA Fitness on Southern Ave in Tempe, AZ I was denied entry. I was told that my billing information had not been entered and that I could not gain entry. When I told the attendant (who happened to be the Operations Manager) that I had already paid for two months and that my financial information had already been provided, I was informed that I could not go in unless I gave him my financial information again. What is perhaps most upsetting, is that a white woman had been right in front of me and had the same cinrcumstances, but she was not given a hard time nor was she denied entry. I am a male Hispanic/Latino . This is clearly a racist man who despite his position as the "Operations Manager" should have at least acted with some decorum. Not only was this a blatantly racist and discriminatory act, but it clearly is a scam as well as I had already made payment and I was still denied access to the facility. This is truly a horrible place to go to. Avoid it!

Comments