La Fitness, Downey, California / inapproriate staff and gossip

1 CA, United States Review updated:

*There is no sanitary paper or toilet paper in the mens restrooms on any toilet on occassions you have to walk to the carls junior accross the parking lot to use the restrooms.

*It gets so packed that there is no parking on certain days and your car can get towed.

*Several of the Running and cycling machines dont work and you have to stand in line to use the good ones and the weights.

*My credit card was charged before I even signed anything or agreed. I told my trainer I wanted to add a third sessions for the month of january and february and he referred me to his head trainer manager. This trainer manager and another one of her trainers spent about 30 minutes trying to convince me that the adding a third session by no means meant renewing your contract for another year. It does if you change your contract you renew it. They shouldnt lie. It took another 15 minutes for them to tell me that the sessions can be canceled within a week after they were afraid of getting sued for fraud. I JUST WANTED TO ADD A 3 DAY TO THE WORKOUT FOR THE MONTH OF JANUARY AND FEBRUARY NOT FIGHT FOR THE TRUTH.

*This gym is very ghetto you have to be on the look out for your car to get stolen or damaged.

*There is heavy gossip amongst staff trainers and the head training manager at this downey facility regarding clients sexual preference and physical traits. Some of the trainers in a group walk around and blatantly talk trash about clients physical apperance and sexual preference and this manager does nothing. She only does something if it is in her interest. This is inappropriate because clients are paying for this. She should be fired also.

*Im canceling this gym for these reasons.

Comments

• Re
      29th of Aug, 2010

I am a member to the LA fitness gym and have visited other locations and it is as if they hire off of the same criteria. the trainers hunt you down when you are working out and made me feel uncomfortable. The staff at the Downey location needs to either go to training on how to treat people or fired and hire new staff that enjoy their job. The staff is unprofessional this is from the manager down to the reception desk staff. They charged me for a guest pass just because I did not print one out or called them a day in advance to let them know!!! I have been a member since 2006 and this is the way a returning customer is treated that is not right but hey they do love to take your money that is when they are friendly.

• Bo
      29th of Aug, 2010

I joined the downey la fitness...staff was unprofessional the lead guy sal charged me way more then what he was suppose to i know i should of looked at the contract but he gave me the terms and conditions one first to sign and little did i know the one with the pricing of my member ship was at the bottom paid it off 2 months later went back to get my own member ship same guy sal offered me a deal over the phone and basically denies is in my face then an hour later my friend joins sal guy gives hima cheaper and better member ship .

pool is unsanitary i got a rash from swimming in it sauna is always packed with people spitting and dripping from pool water when you enter so no matter where you sit your going to smell like clorox

my advise go to pico rivera club huge improvement better staff all in all a better club

if you choose to join the downey club dont sign up with Sal