LA Fitness / bait and switch!

1 TexasCarrollton, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 888 889-0984

10 days ago I joined LA fitness. Part of the deal for my family membership was that my 14 year old twin boys would be able to come basketball every other weekend. Sure enough today when I arrive at the gym, with my boys, I was told they would not be able to play ball. I canceled my membership and the start-up fee of $237 I disputed the charges with American Express. American Express is on my side but this company has deceptive trade practices.

Comments

• El
      7th of Aug, 2008

I joined La fitness when I was approached by a young man outside of Ross Store at Sugarland Tx. Part of the deal was that my 2 under age children (11 & 13) had part on that membership until they reach the age 18. I went to La fitness with my children for a month until they stopped my children to entering the club. When a asked to speak with a manager they told me it was ridiculous from my side to believe they are going to let anyone to work out for free. It is outrageous that LaFitness walk away with that dirty practices in order to sell their dirty memberships. They did not even provided me a copy from the paper I signed. E.M.