LA Fitness / total scam

La Fitness is a sub-standard gym. They don't care about the customer and they make it difficult to cancel your membership even if you have frozen your account. They require you to send cancellation via certified mail and if you're lucky they may stop billing your account after 2 more months. Their desk staff is rude and ill-trained and they only pay their fitness instructors $12 a class. Typical corporate money-grubbing rip-off artists. Do yourself a favour and join a family owned and operated gym that actually cares about their staff and their clients.

Va

Comments

• Ze
      17th of Jul, 2008

La fitness rob at broad day lite!!!
    The worst business practice in civil society.

• Bo
      2nd of Aug, 2008

man la fitnesss is a hoe.. so damn gay.. never get ur membership over there. i guartattee u they will steal ur money..

• Pr
      6th of Aug, 2008

Hey.I got scamed as well.I'm trying to cancel my membership now for almost 6 months and they used my credit card without me knowing it, because I slided it once when I signed up. Don't ever DO THAT!
    I'm going to the media now, because i do have great contacts to the media.I'm working for a PR guy that discovered a huge scam in 1989 when the city of Los Angeles was manipulating the parking meters. The city ended up paying over 15 million dollars back! If we all stand up together we can make a change.
    If you like to be part of this story send me your email address and I will keep you up to date!

• Mi
      23rd of Apr, 2009

the cheat lie and steal. go to the better business bureau, it has heped get me out of the training however they told the BBB that they cancelled my regular membership at the same time. If they dont resolve this I'm off to the attorney general. they need to learn that they can't treat consumers this way

they take advantage of people!

• Na
      22nd of Aug, 2012

I was scammed into a personal training program at L.A. Fitness in Hopkins MN.

The VP Daniel Knowles told me “I have a lot on my plate and lots of things to do.” When I spoke with him regarding my situation.

I also found out that the training manager Brett - the one responsible for my scam was terminated from the company because of his lack of integrity. I am sure there are many others out there that were scammed by Brett and other staff at L.A. Fitness.

I recommend a memebership at Lifetime - more expensive but the customer service is worth the extra $$$

I lost a lot of money. I was willing to work with them to find a resolution instead of asking for my $ back but they did not go out of their way to even care about my situation.

BE AWARE of LA FITNESS —— PAY MORE $$$ AND STAY AWAY FROM THIS CHEAP HEALTH CLUB.

Sincerely,