LA Fitness / overcharged

We 'pre-joined' la fitness boca raton on may 2008 and the gym was scheduled to be opened later on october/november. the sales person oscar told us we will get a 'pre membership' deal, and that there won't be never a lower monthly price we are getting now signing up in advance. sounded good and fear and we trusted what he said.

Well now in november I sent 3 people to sign up to the gym. la fitness is now offering even lower monthly fees so what la fitness and oscar told me on may was a lie. I called oscar and the only he could say was that they can upgrade the fees but not donwgrade and he is sorry my 'pre-deal' was higher. I told him he lied and it's not good business practice. he just said cancel your membership if you want, but it is what it is. the money is not gonna kill me, but the the disrespect I received from him was unacceptable so we will cancel our memberships and also switch the other people to another gym in the area.

Va

Comments

• Be
      29th of Jun, 2009

My husband and I joined LA Fitness and then we got him the Body of Change membership, which is their personal trainer thing. Well, he was given a new trainer every time and then, the last trainer of his got fired and no one ever called anc scheduled sessions for him.

Meanwhile they continued taking out $100 a month for the membership and the service they were not delivering. We even called and complained about the service, The customer service person said they will handle it and scheduled a session for us. When we showed up, nobody knew we were coming and there was no one to do the training session.

At the end they made us pay a $500 cancellation fee for over 6 months of undelivered service.

They are criminal and deliver none of what they promise. Please let everyone know - DO NOT USE THEIR SERVICES, THEY WILL RIP YOU OFF !!!

• My
      18th of Nov, 2009

I had signed up for a years worth of personal training at the Boca Raton LA Fitness facility. Tony, one of the managers at the gym had made an appointment for me with one of his trainers for a Friday evening two weeks in advance. The week I was supposed to train the trainer called me and said he had switched my appoint because he has a client who likes to train during that time and that he moved me to Tuesday of the following week. All of that was done without ever consulting me first. When asked to speak with Tony I was told he was not available so I called back later that day and asked to speak with Tony again, of course he was still not available. I left a message which, surprise, was never returned.

I have been going to gyms since I was 13 and needed a trainer to help me while I recovered from a sports injury. I used to be a personal trainer myself and I know what professional training takes. I had one trainer at the LA Fitness in Boca Raton who decided to have a conversation with someone he knew from a previous job across the tricep pushdown cables while I was in the middle of my set. He was not paying attention to my form making sure that I was doing the exercise correctly to prevent injury and to optimize my results. That gym does not have one personal trainer with the knowledge, experience, or professional attitude to call themselves trainers.

LA Fitness is the most unprofessional fitness club in the history of the health club industry.