Kohl's / bullying by other females and no response from corporate

1 Hwy 92Woodstock, GA, United States Review updated:

I went to work as a seasonal worker with plans to stay on with the company regardless of how many hours I was going to get. Everything went pretty good in the beginning until my supervisor complimented me a few times on my work. Shortly afterwards, a few of the women in there became very nasty to me. I was threatened and told " Don't think you are just going to come in here and be a supervisor because I have been here for 8 years" in a very ugly tone. She refused to allow me to work in her department and belittled me in front of another female supervisor saying "she doesn't know what she is doing!" and all I was doing was putting things back where they belong. The woman in the department next to her also refuse to let me work with her. A female supervisor in the front of the store pulled me up to the front of the store to direct customers on were to go for exchanges and purchases but stood there with me doing it as well. I was greeting customers and if I missed one of them she yelled and said "you have to catch these people' you have to catch them!" A few minutes later another associate walked up that she knew and then she told me "you can just go back, I want her up her anyway." I go by my middle name but in the beginning my first name was on my name tag. I had it changed but one of the other women refused to call me by the name I go by and went out of her way to continue to call me by my first name. She acknowledge that she realized the name I go by but said "hell I don't know what to call you" and proceeded to say the name every single time she approached me. This same woman belittled and made fun of my work after I had straitened up a large shelf that had been a mess for 2 or 3 weeks. There was No store manager for most of the time I was there and these women were running the show. I tried to talk to one of them on my last day but she said "she didn't have time and that she had to go". She put me in front of the store as a line monitor with angry customers that had also been screamed at by the person in front of the store and told me that is what I was scheduled to do when that is Not what I was scheduled to do because I was hired in for Freight but these women refused to let me do my job because they didn't want me working with them even though they had a lot of work to do. I stood there for 4 hours being yelled at by cashiers and dealing with the angry customers But I managed to keep the customers calm and even made some of them laugh. I was recovering from Bronchitis ans was too weak to keep standing there with no break and there was no management or anyone to relieve me. The company has not responded to my complaint and this is the 9th day now. Is it ok to bully someone out of their job ?

Re
Jan 13, 2016

Comments

• Du
      10th of Jul, 2016

If this went down how you say it did, then this was really wrong.