Kmart / gift receipts

1 Yuba City, CA, United States Review updated:

I purchased 6 items on the same transaction that were going to be for christmas gifts (thermal shirts and pants, and an organizer from automotive, plus some other items that were not gifts). I was going to give a gift to 6 different people. I asked the cashier for a gift receipt for each item. I was told that she can only give me one gift receipt and it would have all the items on it. I said that I didn't want all the items on each gift receipt. She then told me that I would only get one gift receipt. I told her that at other stores they can give you separate gift receipts. She went over to ask how she could do that and was told that in order for me to get a gift receipt for the items I want, I would have to purchase each item separately. I didn't want to do that. But bought the items anyways, but left with no gift receipts. My question is, could I of received a separate gift receipt for each of the items I wanted? Or did I really have to make more than 6 separate purchases one right after the other?
T

Comments

• Li
      13th of Dec, 2010

I don't work for KMart but I have worked for other large chain companies. At those places yes, you would have to make each purchase separately in order to receive separate gift receipts.

• Po
      14th of Dec, 2010

It depends on the computer system. Many registers can only print out one receipt. More advanced registers could print out separate item receipts. I once worked at a store that could only print out one gift receipt per transaction. The only way to get separate receipts would be for separate purchases. So it's very likely if your cashier said she couldn't do it, then she really couldn't.

• De
      30th of Apr, 2011

the whole receipt is on each gift receipt you only need one per person or family but we can print 9 at a time

• Xc
      27th of May, 2011

you can get as many gift receipts as you want but all the items you purchased will be on the gift receipt not just one item...what difference does it make you cant see the items or the prices on a gift receipt anyways it is just a bar code hello...