Kmart Stores / vacuum cleaner

1 United States

I went to Kmart in Florissant, Missouri on 09/16/2015 at 1:40 pm, to buy a vacuum cleaner. I bought a Kenmore bagless vacuum cleaner, It cost me $60.00 dollars. I took it home and opened the box and what did I see in the box was no vacuum cleaner, there was three small boxes and two used dirty frying pans. I was so mad, I call the store and talk to the manager, she had me talk to security I gave them the information from my receipt after I talk to him the manager got back on the phone, she told me that they were going to investigate it and call me back. Well I waited for her call for an hour in half. No call back so I called her back and she said that they were still investigating it. I asked her if I could bring the box to the store to get a real vacuum cleaner, she said no that she isn't sure if I am the one who did that. I can't believe that she said that. I told her that she is totally wrong, my son was here with me and heard the whole thing. She said she would call me back. I waited again for a half hour. So I was tired of waiting so I took it back to the store. I asked for the manager. He came out I told him about my findings in the box and that I did call and talk to the manager, he said well you didn't talk to me, I said that I spoke to a female manager and what she said. He looked at me like I was the one who did that. Between the two managers that I talk to made me feel so degraded, they made me feel like I was a criminal. He looked at my receipt after he looked in the box, he asked me to follow him to the back where the vacuum cleaners were. I told him that there was two more of the same brand vacuum. He looked at the two boxes, he pick up one box that look okay, he opened it and yes there was the vacuum cleaner in it. But the other box that was on the shelve had gray duct tape on both ends and the box was not sealed closed. The manager looked at me and said that he was not happy and for me to take my vacuum to the front. I said thank you and left. My point is that I have never been treated so degrading like that before in my life, especially from a store manager. I could even sleep last night because I was so hurt. After experiencing that from Kmart I really am not sure if I will shop there again. I did get on facebook to let my friends know what happened to me. And told everyone that if they buy any thing in a box to open it there at the store to make sure what they are buying is in the box. I would hate for my friends and family to go through what I went through. I think some thing should be done about how I was treated. Like crap, degraded etc. If you want to contact me feel free to do so. My e-mail address is [protected]@aol.com and my phone number is [protected] My name is Virginia Keyser My home address is 230 ST.Louis Ave Ferguson, Mo 63135. Thank You.

Re