Kmart / pregnancy discrimination/hostile work environment

1 4000 E. 2ndCasper, WY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 307-265-0808

I have been discriminated against and treated badly by three major members of this corporation ever since I discovered my pregnancy. The store manager, the softlines lead Paula, and Tammi, who I believe is some sort of assistant manager. I was an employee, and I will explain why I left and why I'm now filing a general intake with the labor board.
On the 14th, I went in to see if I could get some paperwork filled out for DFS. I was given a number to call, okay that's fine...but then, Paula and Tammi pulled me into the office and proceeded to berate and belittle me for about 30 minutes, until I was at the point of tears. I had over 6 infractions due to pregnancy related sickness, and they also REFUSED to fire me, instead having me sign a piece of paper stating that I had 5.5 infractions which was incorrect, and then they continued to yell. I believe they were trying to get me to quit because of my pregnancy. They specifically told me that they would not fire me, as they continued to treat me like crap. I did not want to be terminated or quit this job, but the hostile treatment was about all I could take. Tammi also has a favorite in the store named Aimee, who she always treats wonderfully no matter what, and she is also pregnant. I don't think she would ever yell at Aimee. Just because she likes her better. So I believe there was hostility, pregnancy discrimination, and favoritism involved here, I will be pressing this matter and I hope that it is actually addressed. Numerous employees have told me about feeling harassed in a similar manner, mostly by Don Hall, and I think this whole corporation is corrupt. If you actually read through all that, I appreciate it. (: I hope this issue is addressed.

An
May 15, 2013

Comments

6th of Jun, 2013

Read more reviews from employees about working at Kmart http://masterjobs.net/kmart