Kmart / portable psp

1 us 127, Frankfort, KY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 502 875 5970

i visited this store at x-mas and purchased a portable psp and still have my original receipt. Last week my son was playing with this game and he laid it down for dinner went back to get it and inside the game the screen was cracked and not on the outside which was very unusual. It was like maybe a default because usually the outside screen cracks. I took the game back to the store and still had the original box and receipt which stated that any item on this receipt could be returned by 3/20/09 and that psp was on the receipt. I was told by a manager I am assuming that I should have purchased a warranty and it would have been covered and that I should have read the back of the receipt. When you have spent over $200 of your hard earned money to buy a x-mas present and it does not hold up with in an expected frame of time at least until next x-mas you would expect your money back or a replacement. I received neither, simply I was told to have a good day and sorry. For the amount of money I have spent with Kmart and the amount of money spent for that particular toy I should have been reimbursed. Please tell me what can I do to get this matter settled, and do I need an attorney. I really like shopping at this store and have spent lots of dollars in there layaway and just visiting it on a weekly basis. Some of the employees know me by name. I probably will never buy another electronic toy from kmart and after today I really am not sure about shopping there. It is awful that you have a favorite store and get treated like this. I would like to hear from you as to what can be done. Thank you for reading this.

Comments

• Dy
      3rd of Mar, 2009

I doubt your son could have managed to crack the inside of the psp screen so thinking on it im sure it was a defect that they sold you which happens every now and then. What concerns me is that they didn't offer you the warranty at the register. Oh and mr. jason, lay off, you really need to learn to talk to people with so respect. Seriously dude, no one likes to hear your crap. Stop being an ### to everyone that has a complaint and jump off of a bridge so i don't have to read your garbage again.