Kmart / misleading advertisement!

1 CA, United States Review updated:

I noticed the ad for Kmart's jewelry sale, which states up to 70% off items. Unfortunately, when I arrived, they said that "incredible buys" were excluded. Well, that was fine. Then, I noticed a case that revolves around and displayed earrings in the locked case. I inquired about a pair. The associate said it would be around $15.00 (due to the red-tag sale). When she rang it up, it came to the original listed price. Then, she called in the jewelry supervisor who had absolutely no customer service at all. The supervisor then said that it was "regular price, meaning in the real world. Why would we sell real fine jewelry for $15.00?"

What irks me the most is that the red tag sale implies on all items (except for the "incredible buys). The jewelry supervisor stated that it was "70% off regular price." To me "regular price" insinuates the listed price on item, in this case $49.99. Thus, K-mart is misleading the consumer. They should say "ALREADY reduced 70% off." The former ("70% off regular price" implies that the reduction will still be applied when the item is ready to be checked out).

Te
Sort by: Date | DownRating

Comments

• Bl
      22nd of Aug, 2008

I went to a Kmart here in Jacksoonville Store #7265. The receipt I got indicates that if I come to this site I might win $2500.00 on a gift card from Kmart! If this is a scam then I will not be shopping at Kmart again ever! the receipt number is 07265 081908 002 00905 on the 18th of August 2008. their phone number is 904-268-3325

• Ra
      26th of Aug, 2008

There is too a website, I went to it. And there is a survey and you are entered in the contest.

31st of Aug, 2008

kmart

• Gw
      5th of Sep, 2008

I AM a LOYAL customer of K MART Please tell me you do honor your customers with your name.YESTERDAY (SEPT 4, 08)i purchased something, sign up for email to recieve the two $5.oo coupons and the chance at the 2500 gift card as indicated on the reciept.
    But I saw no such website nor coupons to print out.
    PLEASE contact and give your customers answers to the mistaken advertising that is on the receipt.

receipt:04198 090408 003 57932

gwen, columbus, Ga

• Gw
      5th of Sep, 2008

sorry...my 1st email had the wrong email address, I sent the email concerning the two 5.00 coupons I was promised and the chance at 2500 kmart gift card, my experience of the reciept in columbus ga..this is my correct email address above...

gwen, columbus, ga

receipt:04198 090408 003 57932
    my purchased was on Sept 4, 08

• St
      9th of Sep, 2008

I made a large purchase from Kmart on 09/07/08. I have made many attempts to access the website to do the survey for the $2500.00 gift card and there is no website, I have been navigated to may other pages. I have tried calling the store a couple times and no one answers. this is a shame, I thought Kmart was on its way back to being a decent store. How wrong am I?

• A
      16th of Sep, 2008

They could have just handed you your items to carry out if they wanted to be tastless. You likely visited the store just after our new ordering system came into affect when Corporate chose to switch who and how we got such store items as bags. It now takes a month to get them in after ordering but no one was told that at the store level so many Kmarts found themselves without the regular sized bags or without bags altogether and were using layway bags, trash bags, etc.

• Ce
      21st of Sep, 2008

cheat!!scammers!!Zhongxinda Electron Co., Ltd.

Company Name:
    Zhongxinda Electron Co., Ltd.

Contact Person:

branch address: xiamen, Fujian, China

city: xiamen

country: China

acc: 4563511 7006 15275492

dont buy any product from this company!!they will cheat you...once you deal with them, they will give you nice word...but after you make a payment, they will send to you the fake product!!!

i lose my money 830usd!!... how come this company have gold supplier but they can cheat??what alibaba do??i want this company get punishment!!sorry to say...i dont believe alibaba because most of them are scammers!!especially company from china!!!

20th of Oct, 2008

kmart u should be ashamed of yourself, tricking people like this.

1st of Oct, 2008

Hi, its the same for me they are here on alibaba and trustsino.en.madeinchina.com. I order 26 iphones and pay 4, 960 Dollars. Then they send me 5 fault phones and then hey say her sender made a mistake and send the phones to other place. Now they say they only can refund 70% but first i have to send the phones back. Please contact me to do a complaint i did one on ic3.gov. Contact me at [protected]@hotmail.com for fo something (Anybody can help me ??)

They are on Trustsino Scam

TrustSino I/E Co., Ltd.
    Here is the pages of scam!!!

1-gb-ram-notebook.office-markets.com/products/1750.html
    [protected]@yahoo.com
    [protected]@live.com
    [protected]@hotmail.com
    trustsino.manufacturer.globalsources.com
    trustsino.en.alibaba.com
    www.buysino.com/
    www.chemical-suppliers-china.com/manufacturer-(E)-2-Butenedioic_Acid_Mono-ET_Ester/
    buy.ecplaza.net/tradeleads/chinapack1688.html
    trustsino.manufacturer.globalsources.com

Company Name: TrustSino I/E Co., Ltd
    Registered Address: No 866, Licheng South Street, Fengbanyuetang Residents'committee, Chengxiang District
    Registration No.: 350302100001785
    Issuing Authority: Putian Chengxiang District Commercial Administrative Management Bureau
    Business Type: Company Limited
    Legal Representative/CEO: Chen Wenzhong
    Registered Capital: 1000000
    Year Established: 2006
    Date of Issue: 2006-02-24
    Date of Expiry: 2016-02-23
    Main Products or Service: camera equipments and accessories, apparels and footwear

Applicant Information Name: Wenzhong Chen
    Gender: Male
    Job Title: Manager
    Operational Address: Room 1004, Mingfajianqun Zone, Former Puyili, Siming District, Xiamen
    Zip/Postal code: 361009
    Contact Phone Number: 86-0592-8591633
    Fax Number: 86-0592-6837755

• Ms
      3rd of Oct, 2008

I am disappointed with K-Mart advertising the $2500.00 gift card on the receipts which we cannot find when we try to access the site indicated on the receipt. I shoppped at your store in Bellingham.

13th of Jun, 2016

I had no problem finding and entering Kmarts contest! try this link

• Zx
      8th of Oct, 2008

kmart's first problem is obivously in having customers who cannot figure out the survey website

• Ka
      9th of Oct, 2008

I am also being told to let someone know i had great sevice at k-mart . If this is a bogus thing k-mart is doing it is to bad .
    receipt # 09332 100808 003 89934. thank you kaleen applebaum

• Te
      11th of Oct, 2008

I really enjoy going to Kmart. I find things on sale and things I need every time. I love the Martha Stewart stuff.

• Mi
      13th of Oct, 2008

Yes... this company and the people associated with it are nothing but scammers! Thiefs... Frauds... they should all be in Jail...

• To
      23rd of Nov, 2012

no we not going for mother of the ear award we are not strippers and sell bodys what made you think that also we only left her in parking lot for our.

• Mj
      2nd of Nov, 2008

Connie, the website is kmartfeedback.com

Go register!