Kmart / misleading advertisement!

1 CA, United States Review updated:

I noticed the ad for Kmart's jewelry sale, which states up to 70% off items. Unfortunately, when I arrived, they said that "incredible buys" were excluded. Well, that was fine. Then, I noticed a case that revolves around and displayed earrings in the locked case. I inquired about a pair. The associate said it would be around $15.00 (due to the red-tag sale). When she rang it up, it came to the original listed price. Then, she called in the jewelry supervisor who had absolutely no customer service at all. The supervisor then said that it was "regular price, meaning in the real world. Why would we sell real fine jewelry for $15.00?"

What irks me the most is that the red tag sale implies on all items (except for the "incredible buys). The jewelry supervisor stated that it was "70% off regular price." To me "regular price" insinuates the listed price on item, in this case $49.99. Thus, K-mart is misleading the consumer. They should say "ALREADY reduced 70% off." The former ("70% off regular price" implies that the reduction will still be applied when the item is ready to be checked out).

Te
Sort by: Date | DownRating

Comments

• Ly
      23rd of Nov, 2007

I have also tried find the 2,500 dollar feedback survey...WHERE IS IT???!!!! THANKS for WAISTING My TIME!!! I did have nice things to say about the
    employees in Fairview Heights, Il. Because of them I
    will continue shopping at Kmart! SURE WOULD LIKE
    MY CHANCE AT THAT 2,500!!!!

• Pa
      23rd of Nov, 2007

I just went to the Kmart in Wytheville VA and they over charged by $20.00 then when I showed the cashier the mistake she was very rude and I just went to the customer service desk. Not only was I over charged but the lady that was with me was done the same way she was over charged by $15.00 and was treated rudely too. I do not shop there often at all anyway but she does and she said they were ALWAYS like that I dont see how that store stays open at all.

• Tr
      23rd of Nov, 2007

I ALWAYS HAVE A FRIENDLY EXPERIENCE WHEN I SHOP AT K-MART IN MASSACHUSETTS STORE #4812. EMPLYOEES ARE ALWAYS EXTEMELY COURTEOUS AND WILLING TO HELP NO MATTER WHAT DEPARTMENT THEY WORK IN. THAT IS WAY I CHOOSE AND PREFER TO SHOP AT K-MART. THE ONLY THING I'M DISAPPOINTED IN IS LIKE SO MANY OTHER CUSTOMERS IS A SURVEY FOR A CHANCE TO WIN $2500. BUT THIS WILL NOT DETER ME TO CONTINIE SHOPPING AT K-MART FOR THEIR VALUE AND WHAT THEY STAND FOR.

• El
      23rd of Nov, 2007

I cannot say that K-Mart has always disappointed me. I had no trouble finding the website either.

But today I went to the store to purchase a Norelco Razor that had been advertised for $29.95, an associate went with me to find it, but there weren't any. He thought it was a misprint in the Advertisement insert. Several more people were there trying to purchase the same Razor and were also disappointed that there weren't any. Being 80 years old, I learned these things happen. Anyway I still like K-mart. I found a couple of other bargains while there. The employees have always been nice and helpful.

• Lo
      23rd of Nov, 2007

SO WHAT IS THIS ALL ABOUT?? THERES NO SURVEY ON HERE. WHY DO YOU PEOPLE KMART DO FALSE ADVERTISEMENT LIKE THIS OH THE KEY WORD IS YOU COULD WIN, YEAH RIGHT..... I EILL NOT SHOP THERE NO MORE UNLESS YOU PEOPLE START DOING RIGHT BY THIS. STORE # 3009 1712 S GARFIELD AVE, TRAVERSE CITY,MI 49686 231-941-0600

• Lo
      23rd of Nov, 2007

i was shopping at your store got a receipt for the things i bought and it says to complete a a survey and you could win 2,500.00. ok where is the survey at???????????????? what a scam for people to come back . i think its called false advertisement huh!!! you people at kmart shouldn't do that to the public. we are the ones who bring you your business. store # 3009 1712 s garfield ave, traverse city, mi 49686

• Al
      23rd of Nov, 2007

I shop the Kmart store regularly I also cannot find anything pertaing to the feedback contest

• Me
      23rd of Nov, 2007

Just looking for your survey, My experience was fine, I am just thrown by this kmartfeedback.com website..... does such a site exist to win a gift card for you guys?? I found your competitors' websites just fine when I had to do my surveys for them, but you guys just need to get it together..... sounds like kmart has a lot unhappy consumers, and this lie just makes it worse. Kmart, you should really consider what is in the future for the business... you cannot lie to bring in business. I'm disappointed.

• Br
      23rd of Nov, 2007

I only have 7 days from day of my purchase to sign up to win 2500 dollars. As of today, I cannot find kmartfeedback.com any where. Where is it?

23rd of Nov, 2007

i was really impressed with the lawaway with the service but i also could not finf the 19 digit sothat i could enter the drawing for the 2,500 for the kmart gift card. May be could help me with this problem. i a
    AM ALSO SUBMITTING THE 19 DIGIT RECEIPT NUMBER FROM MY RECEIPT....RECEIPT# IS 09527 111907 070 22159. i WOULD APPRECIATE IF SOME WILL CONTACT ME OR E-MAIL THANK YOU
    mARAGRET aNNARUMO
    319 pARK sTREET
    wILLARD, oHIO 44890
    mY PHONE # IS 419-933-3201

• Mr
      23rd of Nov, 2007

I can't find the survey either. My experience today (black friday) was great but Kmart needs to check out their website.

• Pu

every thing ok

• Ro
      24th of Nov, 2007

Where is your feedback site?My experience at K-Mart was fine,but I've spent 5 times as long looking for the feedback site as I did in the store.My receipt # is 0964711230700559511.

24th of Nov, 2007

I too can not find this site. I see there is a lot of comments and questions about this site, but I don't see any answers. The receipt is only good for 7 days.

24th of Nov, 2007

OK , K mart time to step up to the plate, I can not find the site plz tell me by email or some kind of way how to find the survey.

26th of Nov, 2007

I am unable to take survey, as noted on receipt; this smells of a scam. My 11/25/07 shopping took place at store 3056,cashier was Cursha. If I receive no reply by end of this day; I will return all merchandise, which totals $53.14. VERY BAD SCAM ON K MART CO. I USED THE CODE AT BOTTOM OF COMMENT AREA.

• Re
      27th of Nov, 2007

I wanted to fill out Kmart Survey, but this is the only site that was up for kmartfeedback.com.. HELP!!

• Ca
      13th of Jun, 2016

Why didn't you post my comment? Did I forget to do something to get it submitted??

Dirty Tricks!

This had to do with an online order through K-Mart. I ordered on sale, the Sony Bravia 26" t.v. that was on sale for $550 right after Thanksgiving. I ordered it when it was still in stock then. They changed the date of my order, number one. Then they told me it would be delivered, which would now be 1 or 2 more days--only for me to receive a message TODAY that they were cancelling my order altogether because it's out of stock now! but they would credit my credit card. (I sure hope so!) and to check for other deals on their site. Yeah, right!

On their site, the t.v. is now listed for $699, about $150 more, but they're out of stock--temporarily, they say--and to email them if one wants to know when they're available again--except they didn't even offer me that in their message to me! Not only that, by clicking on the t.v., it says something like "pricing subject to change." So guess what? If they get it in again, I would probably have to pay the higher price now, and, instead of the free shipment I had then, pay that, too.
    That is DIRTY, dirty tricks! I should have a right somewhere here!

Carol

• Kr
      2nd of Dec, 2007

I HAVE BEEN GOING CRAZY LOOKING FOR THIS KMARTFEEDBACK.COM SO I CAN ENTER TO WIN $2,500 GIFT CARD. THERE IS NO SUCH ADDRESS, AT LEAST FOR THOSE OF US IN THE UNITED STATES. OH I DID FIND A KMART FEEDBACK PAGE BUT IT WAS FOR A DIFFERENT COUNTRY! FRUSTRATED WITH KMART FOR FALSE ADVERTISEMENT AND SENDING THEIR CUSTOMERS ON A WILD GOOSE CHASE. HAS ANYONE HAD ANY LUCK?

• Ca
      2nd of Dec, 2007

I could not find the Kmart website either. This is very disgusting.