Kmart / misleading advertisement!

1 CA, United States Review updated:

I noticed the ad for Kmart's jewelry sale, which states up to 70% off items. Unfortunately, when I arrived, they said that "incredible buys" were excluded. Well, that was fine. Then, I noticed a case that revolves around and displayed earrings in the locked case. I inquired about a pair. The associate said it would be around $15.00 (due to the red-tag sale). When she rang it up, it came to the original listed price. Then, she called in the jewelry supervisor who had absolutely no customer service at all. The supervisor then said that it was "regular price, meaning in the real world. Why would we sell real fine jewelry for $15.00?"

What irks me the most is that the red tag sale implies on all items (except for the "incredible buys). The jewelry supervisor stated that it was "70% off regular price." To me "regular price" insinuates the listed price on item, in this case $49.99. Thus, K-mart is misleading the consumer. They should say "ALREADY reduced 70% off." The former ("70% off regular price" implies that the reduction will still be applied when the item is ready to be checked out).

Te

Comments

17th of Dec, 2007

I tried to take the survey and I could not get on line. This is not any way to run a store.

Big Kmart
    4594 Rte. 9 Sth.
    Howell
    New Jersey
    Phone: 732-363-9191

I received a receipt after purchasing some items, that said you can win a $2,500 Kmart gift card. I'm very upset with kmart their is no survey to fill out, so therefor no $2,500 gift card. Where is the organization in this company. Thanks for nothing.

• Br
    Jesup
    Georgia
    Phone: 912 5307026

im in jesup,ga. and it would help alot if they would open more than one register at a time i know they have more than enuf people cause theres always at least five people at customer service runnin their mouth and shore cant help with anythang

• Be
      19th of Dec, 2007

When I stopped at Kmart on 12/17/2007, the receipt said , "Kmart Values Your Feedback",Tell us about your experience & you could win a $2,500.00 Kmart gift card. Please visit our website within 7 days of the date of purchase. kmartfeedback.com. To complete the survey, you will need the 19 digit receipt number from your receipt. Refer to sweepstakes rules for complete details. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. entries must be entered within 7 days of date of purchase. Entrants must be 18 or older to enter. See website for complete rules.

The thing is there is "NO SUCH WEBSITE"!!! I did go in to the kmartfeedback.com and give my complaint of my problem I had on my last visit at Kmart... But, what is the deal with the website for the 2,500.00...

Thanks, Bessie Sammons.

Kmart

I went online to register for survey to have a chance to win $2500 and there is no website to register.

• Be
    Bism
    North Dakota

Forget returning anything to Kmart if you don't have your receipt. I guess none of their workers ever lose their receipt...

• Mi
    KMART
    300 Baychester Ave
    Bronx
    New York
    Phone: 718-671-5377
    Kmartfeedback.com

Web site don't work. Sign by men's coats Men's outerwear 30% off But no discount for hats or gloves.

• Th
      19th of Dec, 2007

Allways have trouble getting associate discounts, Iam retired from Sears, your associates apperantly dont receive the proper training, and now I couldnt find the site to give the feed back on my purchase of 12/16/07

• Ka
      20th of Dec, 2007
    Kmart - False advertisement!
    Sioux City
    Iowa

I have shopped at Kmart for years and prefer them over Walmart but this $2500.00 gift card survey is upsetting. I tried several times to find the website for the survey and even went back out to the store to ask about it but no one knew how to do the survey. I see that there are several complaints and I believe the Kmart/Sears companies should compensate the customers that tried to participate in the survey but were unable to do so.

• Ar
      22nd of Dec, 2007
    Kmart

Tried several time to get on the kmartfeedback.com web site to tell them about my shopping experience to win a $2500 gift card and there is no such web site. Kmart needs to stop printing this on their receipts if this does not exist.

• De
      22nd of Dec, 2007
    875 GreenTree road
    Pittsburgh
    Oregon
    Phone: 4129223803
    www.kmart.com

The Printed coupons on line were good until 12/23/07 for use in store. Went to the store to purchase 2 piece rug set at 59.99 with a$15.00 off coupon I could not use the coupon. Sales clerk called management states computers are not set up to take internet coupons. I responded if the coupon wont be honored then I do not want the rugs. If Kmart is going to offer discounts on line they should be held up to accepting the discount.

• La
      23rd of Dec, 2007

There was not a website for the survey and opportunity to win $2500 gift card.

24th of Dec, 2007
    Kmart - Return Problems
    KMart
    3951 34th st. so.
    St. Petersburg
    Phone: 727-867-8646

My 83 year old Mom bought me a pair of shoes from KMart. It was sweet of her to get them for me, but they were not my style, so she said to return them and get what I liked.
    Meanwhile, she could not find the receipt. I told her not to get upset, because the tags and the box were in tact, so there should not be a problem returning them.
    When I got to KMart the girl said all I can do is exchange them for another pair. I told her I did not like the shoes and realizing I did not have a receipt, I did not expect a cash refund, but store credit would be fine, I could get what I wanted. She insisted I could not do that. I asked for a manager, and he said okay.
    My Mom paid, $19.99 for the shoes, the girl said I would be getting a refund for $7.00, that's what she said they now cost.
    I told her My Mom paid full price and she did. My Mom was also upset that her gift now was only $7.00. I was so upset, that I took the credit, but I will never, never, shop with KMart again.
    This is the Holiday Season, people lose receipts, especially 83 year olds! I am out $1200 and KMart lost yet one more shopper.

• Mr
    Kmart

Kmart should be ashamed of themselves getting peoples hopes up to register for a gift card that does not even exist. Walmart does not do that they have a $1,000.00 gift card that you can register to win and you can enter your information when you enter the website and not be put on a wild goose chase like this.

25th of Dec, 2007

If you guys type in www.kmartfeedback.com it works!!! No scam your just not putting in the www. part .

• Su
      25th of Dec, 2007

I hope this complaint is a joke. I'm a customer like you, but I think your complaint is one of the most ridiculous ones I've ever heard.

Without a receipt, Kmart has no way to know how much your mom paid for the shoes. So they default to the lowest price the shoes have been sold for in the last 90 days. I've had this same policy repeated to me and I've never had a problem with it. A lot of places won't do anything if you don't have a receipt, so I figure something is better than nothing.

People like you give a bad name to customers who have legitimate complaints. You need to stop whining.

KMart
    Lewistown
    Pennsylvania

Tried to enter survey that appears to be a scam. Have entered several surveys through WalMart and had no problem. What does that tell you...

• Da
    Kmart - No such website!
    Kmart

I shopped at Kmart for Christmas, the receipt says to got to Kmartfeedback.com to enter for a sweepstakes and to complete a survey about your shopping experience... I noticed that I'm not the only one complaining that this website can not be found!!!
    Has anyone been able to find it for 1... and for 2, has Kmart responded to any of the complaint's??? My experience shopping at Kmart was fine, they have a good selection, the prices are fair... I was able to buy 4 pairs of shoes, with the buy one get 1/2 off the other.

• Ec
      26th of Dec, 2007

I was able to reach it okay just now.

• Ke
      27th of Dec, 2007
    Kmart - Kmart feedback site scam!
    kmart
    Natchez
    Mississippi
    Phone: 3187572092

Kmart receipt says to visit website for chance to win 2500.00 gift card. this site does not exist. Kmart is scamming customers and are absolutely making false statements to all who shop and spend their hard earned money with them. They should be sued. Slap them with a class action lawsuit, maybe they will think before using such tactics in the future.