Kmart / misleading advertisement!

1 CA, United States Review updated:

I noticed the ad for Kmart's jewelry sale, which states up to 70% off items. Unfortunately, when I arrived, they said that "incredible buys" were excluded. Well, that was fine. Then, I noticed a case that revolves around and displayed earrings in the locked case. I inquired about a pair. The associate said it would be around $15.00 (due to the red-tag sale). When she rang it up, it came to the original listed price. Then, she called in the jewelry supervisor who had absolutely no customer service at all. The supervisor then said that it was "regular price, meaning in the real world. Why would we sell real fine jewelry for $15.00?"

What irks me the most is that the red tag sale implies on all items (except for the "incredible buys). The jewelry supervisor stated that it was "70% off regular price." To me "regular price" insinuates the listed price on item, in this case $49.99. Thus, K-mart is misleading the consumer. They should say "ALREADY reduced 70% off." The former ("70% off regular price" implies that the reduction will still be applied when the item is ready to be checked out).

Te

Comments

• Fr
      7th of Dec, 2007
    Kmart - Kmart does not value your feedback!
    K-mart
    Columbus
    Georgia
    Phone: 706-322-1572
    kmartfeedback.com

There is no such website, and why is Kmart allowed to continue, to print off such information on the receipt, knowing that it is a lie. There should be some type of law out there to prevent things like this from happening.

• Su
      7th of Dec, 2007

home for the holidays contest to win a home. can notget into the posted cintest and girl in store had no idea.

• Dw
      7th of Dec, 2007

I had no problem at all. Are you sure you entered the address correctly?

• Fa
      8th of Dec, 2007
    kmart
    Kunkletown
    Pennsylvania

all mens outerwear was advertised on sale at 40% off. The jacket my husband wanted had a hood and quilted lining but was told it was not outer wear and we were charged the full price. If that isn"t outer wear what is?

• St
    Waipahu
    Hawaii
    Phone: 808-678-9701
    kmart.com

I received a receipt from the K Mart cashier which stated that I could win a $2,500 gift card if I complete their online survey.
    I tried searching for their website (kmartfeedback.com) survey which is written on the K Mart receipt but I could not locate the website.

• Eb
      9th of Dec, 2007
    Kmart - layway lost
    kmart
    Anniston
    Alabama

I HAD THE WORST EXPERINCE OF MY LIFE OR SHALL I SAY THE DAY I STEPED INTO KMART IT WAS HELL I RECENTLY WENT THERE TO PUT UP A CHRISTMAS LAYWAY TO COME OUT THE LAST DAY TO PICK UP DEC,7 2007 I WENT THERE TO PAY IT OUT THEY TOOK MY MONEY AFTER STANDING THERE 45 MINUTES OR MORE HOLDING MY 3 MONTH OLD IN MY ARMS THEY NEVER SAID WHAT WAS WRONG. AFTER STANDING I DECIDED TO ASK WHAT WAS THE PROBLEM THE GIRL SAYS WE CAN'T FIND YOUR LAYWAY. THEN SHE SAID AM GONE GO CHECK AFTER 20 MORE MINUTES SHE BRINGS ME A RECEIPT AND SAY WE CAN'T FIND IT AND WALKED OFF NO SORRY OR ANYTHING THE LOST 6 MORE PEOPLE LAYWAYS THAT WAS WAITING THEY WAS JUST STANDING AROUND DOING NOTHING BUT LOOKING AT ALL OF US THE MANAGER WAS CALL 3 TIMES AND NEVER CAME BACK TO SAY I SORRY ABOUT THE MISUNDERSTANDING OR ANYTHING AM VERY CRUSHED ABOUT THIS IT'S 2 WEEKS LEFT BEFORE CHRISTMAS AND HOW AM I GONE FIND MY KIDS WHAT I WANTED THEM TO HAVE. THE MANAGER SHOULD BE FIRED HE DID'NT KNOW WHAT TO DO THE STAFF HAD TO HELP HIM IT MAD THE STORE LOOK BAD THAT HE COULDNT ANSWER NO QUESTIONS I HE WAS SAYING WAS THAT I DONT KNOW. THE WOMEN AT THE CUSTOMER SERVICE DESK WAS VERY NICE TO ME AFTER HAVING SERVERAL ANGRY CUSTOMERS.AFTER GETTING TO CUSTOMER SERVICE I HAD A PROBLEM WITH THEM REFUNDING MY MONEY BECAUSE 2 ITEMS WAS NOT POPPING UP EVEN THOUGH IT WAS ON THE RECEIPT I HAD TO STAND AGAIN BEFORE THEY GOT THAT STRAIGHT IT WAS THE WORST EXPERINCE AT KMART OF MY LIFE. I FEEL LIKE THEY COULD HAVE GAVE US SOMETHING FOR ALL THE TROUBLE AM GONE REPORT THEM TO THE BETTER BUSINESS PARTNERS.

• Je
      9th of Dec, 2007

I tried to complete a kmartfeedback survey via the web but could not locate it. Kindly advise on the survey availability.

• Te
      10th of Dec, 2007
    Vernal
    Utah
    Phone: 435-781-0330
    kmartfeedback.com

I have tried to enter this several times it never there and even a few of the store personal sugest you do but when you ask them why its not axcessable they dont know anything its very false leading and false advertising

• Wi

Vincennes
    Indiana
    Phone: 812-882-124
    kmartfeedback.com

I am supposed to have a chance $2500.00 gift card, when you go to web site but I can not find a web site for it.

• Ed
      12th of Dec, 2007

Have tried to enter the Feedback survey several times this month. The site is not available.

• Sh
      12th of Dec, 2007
    1205 HOLLAND DRIVE
    Somerset
    New Jersey
    Phone: 732-940-6536
    kmartfeedback.com

I have 2 receipt here that tells you, to go to kmartfeedback.com to complete a survey for a chance to win $2,500 gift card. It says i have to do this within 7 days of my purchase. I don't see anything in regards to a survey form. Are you doing false advertisement here? I see that i am not the only one that has submitted you this same information. How does one get to the survey?

• Ri
    5590 Mableton
    Mableton
    Phone: 7707451133
    kmartfeedback.com

Kmart is advertising a possible prize of a $2,500 gift card if you complete a survey about your shopping experience. There was no such website found. (kmartfeedback.com).

• St
      14th of Dec, 2007

Everything was great friendly people, good workers, thanks sde ne pa #44123107631.

I disagree!

• Le
      15th of Dec, 2007

Why are you asking for my feedback when you don't have a survey set up?

• Br
      16th of Dec, 2007

I went to this website address on Sunday Dec. 16th. The site came upon and said the site for registration for this $2500.00 KMart gift card is still down. I went back and read the complaints all the way back into Oct. and Nov... If this is a scam and this does not exist, someone needs to take it off of the receipts and it should be done as soon as possible.

• Li
      16th of Dec, 2007

I tried to do the survey @ kmartfeedback.com and there is no such website. It is false advertising.

• Be
      16th of Dec, 2007

Looks like another deception to me.
    When a store gives you a website address with a possibilty to win something, it should take you right there...or otherwise it is a deception (I would like to use my words!!!!).
    Sincerely: Ben.