Kmart / misleading advertisement!

1 CA, United States Review updated:

I noticed the ad for Kmart's jewelry sale, which states up to 70% off items. Unfortunately, when I arrived, they said that "incredible buys" were excluded. Well, that was fine. Then, I noticed a case that revolves around and displayed earrings in the locked case. I inquired about a pair. The associate said it would be around $15.00 (due to the red-tag sale). When she rang it up, it came to the original listed price. Then, she called in the jewelry supervisor who had absolutely no customer service at all. The supervisor then said that it was "regular price, meaning in the real world. Why would we sell real fine jewelry for $15.00?"

What irks me the most is that the red tag sale implies on all items (except for the "incredible buys). The jewelry supervisor stated that it was "70% off regular price." To me "regular price" insinuates the listed price on item, in this case $49.99. Thus, K-mart is misleading the consumer. They should say "ALREADY reduced 70% off." The former ("70% off regular price" implies that the reduction will still be applied when the item is ready to be checked out).

Te

Comments

13th of Jun, 2016

I had no problem finding and entering Kmarts contest! try this link

• Gw
      13th of Jun, 2016
    Kmart - No feedback web site found
    Kmart
    Staten Island
    New York
    kmartfeedback.com

I tried to access the Kmart feedback.com web site to enter the contest 2,500 gift card website, and there is no such web site, this was very disappointing and very bad for business.

• Oh

Are you ###ed??

• Fr
      14th of Jun, 2016

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN; I WAS AT KMART MONDAY 2/28/10.I WAS SHOPPING FOR LUGGAGE, I FOUND THE LUGGAGE I LIKED AND PUT IT IN THE BASKET, AS I WAS SHOPPING I SAW YOU HAD FLOOR RUGS ON SALE, SO I PURCHASED A LARGE FLOOR RUG AND A RUNNER RUG...THERE WERE OTHER ITEMS I SAW AND PURCHASED SOME BEAUTY SUPPLIES.I COULDN'T PUSH THE BASKET, IT WAS GOING ONE WAY, AND I WAS GOING ANOTHER AND NO ONE HELPED ME WITH THIS AS I MADE MY WAY TO THE CHECK-OUT STAND THE CASHIER SAW ME IN TROUBLE AND SHE RUSHED TO HELP ME AND GAVE ME ANOTHER BASKET..I'VE BEEN IN KMART SINCE I WAS A LITTLE GIRL, I'AM NOW A SENIOR CITIZEN THANK-YOU FREDDIE DIANA KELLEY

• Fr

1815 21 st Street
    Lewiston
    Idaho
    Phone: (08) 743-4587

Cashier Chris was very rude from the beginning of the transaction to the end. I had a $10.00 off coupon to use toward my purchase if I used my Sears card. She picked it up and very snottily told me that in order to use the coupon I had to put my purchases on my Sears card. I was not ignorant of the requirements to use the coupon and I did not appreciate her comments. She also was the one who looked right at the sale tags and overcharged me for the products anyway. There are many people who are looking for jobs, and let me tell you, they can probably do a much better job than she did.

• Mr
      12th of Aug, 2016
    Kmart - Charged to much $
    Kmart # 3379
    5100 dixie Hwy.
    Waterford
    Michigan
    Phone: 248-674-2236

Bought 2 containers of Wessons Canola oil and was charged $5.49 each and found out Kroger selling it for more than $2.00 each. I called customer service and was told "thats our price, you should know what things cost.Did'nt like the answer or getting ripped off.No more Kmart for me.

• Lk
      12th of Aug, 2016
    Kmart - False accusation
    Lorain
    Ohio

My daughters and i were shopping at the store today, 07 / 03 / 09. They bought a bathing suit and tried on a pair of flip flops but put them back on the shelf.
    When we got to the register the cashier asked where the ticket was for the shoes they switched out. First of all, they put the shoes back on the shelf, secondly security needs to get their eyes checked. We were publicly humiliated and harassed. This went on the whole time we were in the checkout. Security kept calling up to the register.
    If this is what they do, falsely accuse and publicly humiliate then you deserve to be put out of business by Walmart.
    My son in law is a lawyer and we are going to see what we can to to tile a lawsuit for publicly defacing our character and humiliating us and also for false accusations.
    They need to get their information right and facts correct!!!

18th of Aug, 2016
    Kmart - Bad customer serivce
    Kmart Corporation
    6767 W. Bell Road
    Glendale
    Arizona
    Phone: 623-412-2539

Tracy was the rudest cashier I have ever encountered. She used profanities in fron of my son and [censor]ed and moaned about having to start checking when she wasn't ready. She made us wait 5 minutes while she argued with her manager John who didn't do anything about it.

My shoes rang up wrong and when I went to customer service and talked to John he proceeded to tell me I was wrong and didn't understand the sign. I told him his own employee told me the price and even went as far as telling me to stock up becuse there such a great deal. He didn't care he just told the employee, "watch what you say to "these" customers". He didn't even give me the price that the sign said or what the employee told the price was.

When I told John about Tracy swearing and waiting for so long and having to hear her gripe rigning up customers he said, "oh sorry about that".. Wow.. never had such horrible service..

• Ta
      18th of Aug, 2016
    Kmart - Online double killing
    Kmart.com

I placed an order online with KMart, and one of the products was from Sears. I paid via PayPal, and was billed for the total order (products from both KMart and Sears) with the payment being made to KMart, and was additionally billed for just the Sears item with that payment going to Sears. I immediately called KMart and customer service said that a refund would be forthcoming. No refund ever came, so I called again -- and was told that it is not normal business practice and she (Morgan) would ensure the refund. This was on 3/17/10. I never got the refund. I called again and was told that the request had inadvertantly been forwarded to a bad order file and that it would be resubmitted. It was never resubmitted. I called again and spoke with an online case worker, Josephine, who forwarded me to her manager, Danielle, and was told it would again be expedited and would be completed no later than 4/20/10. Today, 4/20/10, I called and there is no record of it. DO NOT USE THIS ONLINE SERVICE. The tell you what you want to hear in the hopes you will forget about it. I am furious and am contemplating legal action for no other reason than their representations are pure fraud.

• Rr
      25th of Aug, 2016
    Kmart - Employee/Cashier/Manager
    KMART
    Hawthorne
    California
    Phone: 3102726493

On or about 10:33 am, April 14, 2011, I was at KMART Hawthorne in California. I was about to pay for my purchases at the counter when the Lady Cashier (not sure if she is a Mexican or Latina or Hispanic) said that she has closed her register and directed me to another Cashier (where the line was long). As I was walking to the other opened register, I noticed two customers came to the same register where I left and the Lady Cashier entertained them considering that the customers where of the same race as the Lady Cashier. I was so shocked and made a complaint to the store manager, who was also of the same race. Both the Lady Cashier and Manager shrugged off their shoulders and laughed. I was so embarrassed and humiliated by this incident as this is an issue of RACISM. Now, I am calling your attention to this incident because I firmly believe that your rules and regulations should apply to ALL regardless of race, name, sex.

Please do something about this incident and I like to hear from you soon.

Ms. R. Rice