KIA Motors Corporation / suv kia sportage year 2014

1 San Antonio, Chile

Dear Sirs, My name is Orielle Fuentes Tarraff, and I am owner of a Kia Sortage, year 2014 model bought 0 Kilometro, in the city of San Antonio, Chile South America.
A few months ago I began to feel strange noises in what I initially thought was the clutch or thrust bearing according to the mechanical engineer who does the periodic maintenance of the vehicle. Strange situation for a vehicle with 60, 000 kilometers and maintained in impeccable form. In principle I decided to make the changes to the clutch thrust bearing and press, spending a value of $ 500, 000.-, unfortunately the problem remained the same, so I decided to investigate with the representatives of Kia in the city and to my great surprise I was able to inform me unofficially that this vehicle had failures in the gearbox, in some number of vehicles like mine. My claims to the representative have been unsuccessful and the price for the repair amounts to $ 760, 000.- additional to those I already spent. My vehicle at this time is out of warranty.
My questions to this situation are:
1.- Why the local representative never contacted me even though I am and have been a client with recognized prestige in the area as a Real State Agent, even if it was just a client should be warned if these failures where highly probable even when the Vehicle still has a warranty?
2.- Why should I pay almost 10% of the value of the vehicle that should have been absorbed by the guarantee in a timely manner?

Today the local representative absolutely disregards the situation and does not put any effort to cooperate in any way with this situation that I consider unacceptable for a company as Kia, sponsor of many sporting events and with awards won worldwide for the quality of their vehicles .

I do not believe it is the policies that you have in the countries that sell your vehicles.

Without going any further remember several opportunities in which brands of its competition have publicly called their consumers to take to the workshops vehicles for failures of different nature.

I write this letter for an inconvenience that I believe and trust is not the spirit of your company, but I am not sure if I could recive this vehicle given my experience.

I hope confident you can respond from there to this situation to which the local representative has not been able to recognize this failure in the post sale, causing an economic damage that I should not have when buying this vehicle.

KInd Regards