Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC)service or policy

Today 1/18/17 I stopped at the Holland Mi KFC. i ordered a number 8 from the 5.00 fill up menu. The menu says it is a famous bowl, cookies and a drink. I also ordered 2 biscuits. I was asked what I wanted to drink and I declined the beverage as you serve only sweet drinks which I do not drink. I was then asked to confirm I wanted the only the famous bowl and 2 biscuits. I said I still wanted the cookies but was told they only came with the combo. So I was charged 7.08 for a famous bowl and 2 biscuits.See the Top 10 Worst Complaints in Holland, MI So it is my understanding If I had ordered a drink to throw away for the same money I would have gotten cookies!
A couple of things would interest me in a resolution. First I truly feel I am owed some cookies. Why do you not offer an unsweetened tea? Why is there an up charge for coffee? Maybe these are things to consider for customer satisfaction. I did not ask to be compensated for wanting less than the combo offered so why should I not be able to get the rest of the offer. KFC actually comes out ahead on that deal. I am sure I can go the rest of my life without KFC but I will be sure to share my story.

Wu