Kenmore Front Load Washer / These washers should have been recalled

Kenmore Front Load Washer - this wash machine has mold that continually builds up behind the door gasket and I believe around the drum itself. I have tried to keep it clean but to no avail, our towels smell something awful. I have called Sears 3 times, but only get a runaround, the only option they provide is to have a technician come out ($59.00) and diagnose the problem, which I already know. Then for another charge, they will run a solution through the washer to rid it of the mold, which will return, of course. I filed a complaint with a Sears "executive officer" (who has no power to do a thing about my dilemma) and she said that logging my complaint is all they will do. I asked if I should be expecting a call or a letter from someone and she said "no". These washers should have been recalled.

Va

Comments

• Re
      9th of May, 2011

I had the same problem it was a Kenmore front loader. Towels smell like mold disgusting, they sent me another washer, same problem, Now bigger problems pump burnt out only after a year and two months and could have been electrocuted, sears wont fix it, eventhough it is faultly!!!

21st of Mar, 2012

I bought my machine in 2004. Have had smelling problem all along! Last year july had pump replaced, sounded like airplane taking off. So I bought protection agreement. Then in oct started doing the same thing again.So repairman came out again, put in over 1200 dollars in parts. sub basket and 2 sub tub oute etc. Yesterday March 20, 2012 came back out doing same thing once again. And smells like burning. Need same parts 1241.87 ONCE AGAIN. SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE.What can we do! My agreement is done in july then I HAVE 9O DAYS then I'm sunk! If prob happens again. They might give me 500 dollars toward new washer. Will talk to sup tomorow morn. Needs recall now mine is model 11044832200.