Kay Jewelers / do not get scammed by kay

1 VA, United States Review updated:

My fiance recently purchased my engagement ring at Kay. I spent hours admiring its perfection, but it was a little big, so I went to have it resized. When I got it back, there was a noticeable black spot in the left diamond. I pointed it out, but the entire staff insisted that it had been there, that it was "a birthmark of the diamond, " etc. It was on the inside of the diamond, however, I know for a solid fact that it was NOT there before. So this would mean that they didn't damage my diamond; they replaced it with a different one. The people at Kay jewelers are CRIMINALS.

DO NOT BUY FROM KAY.

Comments

• Ed
      22nd of Nov, 2008

kays doesnt make it a practice to switch diamonds from a side stone on a ring. if you didnt like it when you got it back, you should of exchanged it for one that you were satisfied with, they would have ordered some in for you to choose from. if you still have the ring and are within your 90 day exchange timeframe, take it back and ask them to order some in for you to choose from. it's as simple as that. there would be no reason for them to switch a stone like that. i know a guy that bought a 1/2 ct round solit once and about a week later, "suddenly there was a black spot in the middle of the stone that grew there on night" that wasnt there before. the carbon ferry must have put it there. he just missed it, maybe you did too. take it back and they'll make it right if your still within your exchange time.