Kaplan Career Institute-ICM Campus / lack of good education

1 PA, United States Review updated:

This school claims that 90% of their students are in their career field within 6 months of graduation. Truth is 90% or more students are not in their chosen career field after spending thousands of dollars and hours of time at this school. The education stinks-you barely learn anything and most instructors will give you an A for a grade if you do your homework and come to class. If this school contacts you-run the other direction! This school guarantees job placement assistance but if you try to utilize it-you're given a run-a-round dance before someone tries to help you. They also do not give you accurate information about the current job markets for the career fields they offer-I did cybercrime but was not told until 6 months after graduation that the only way to get into that field is to be a police officer or in some form of law enforcement-I'm disabled so how can I pass their physicals and do their training programs? If I was told this-I would have chosen another field. Plus-all the jobs require the candidate to have various certificates which the school withholds. Then I find out that because I went there-most companies are over looking my resume because of the poor standing this school has in the professional world.

Comments

• Sh
      10th of Aug, 2011

they DO discriminate against students with disabilities, and when you try to wage a complaint to forge an amicable resolution thats lawful, they manipulate the law to their advantage. the harrisburg pa campus is a joke. they demean students, and provoke those students with mental health disabilities. a teacher told my daughter she couldnt tend to her acute onset diabetic issue in class. and chastised her for it. when i directed this to the president of kaplan, (the director is sherry rosenberg) she became vile and hostile when i asked to speak to here in private - (unreasonable? all personal and medical are protected under privacy laws) and assaulted me this afternoon (simple assault by definition) by slapping a business card to my body. i have NEVER seen such a pathetic circus du jour in my life.