[Resolved] Just Answer / Internet - Answer Question / unauthorized credit card charges

San Francisco, POBox 29045, United States Review updated:

On 29th October I asked legal questions online and the answer I received was satisfactory. A payment of $95.00 was charged to my Credit Card which I was happy to pay. On the 1st December another charge of $95.00 was charged to my Credit Card for a membership I never agreed to. I would like that membership to be cancelled and $95.00 to be credited to my Credit Card account. I never received any information, paperwork about this apparent membership and never agreed to it. I am quite furious at having been taken for a ride and I also think this charge is fraudulent. I really am hoping something can be done about this urgently. Please advise.

• Resolution statement

• JustAnswer Customer Care's Response, Dec 17, 2015

Dear Kathy,

I’m very sorry to hear about your experience. I’m Adam and I work for JA. We have been unable to locate an account with the information provided in the post but we are happy to issue a refund for the charge.

You may reach us anytime through the Contact Us link on our Help page. Our Customer Support team is available 24/7 to help.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do. We’re here to help and we’ll work with you until you’re satisfied.

- Adam

• JustAnswer Customer Care's Response, Jan 15, 2016

Hello Kathy,

Thank you for getting back to us about this and I apologize for any confusion. In order to locate the account we will need the email address that you used to register when you came to the website.

You can contact Customer Support at any time through the Contact Us link or feel free to give us a call at 1-800-679-634 and we should be able to resolve this issue for you quickly.

-Adam

• JustAnswer Customer Care's Response, Jan 29, 2016

Hello Gil,

Thank you for reaching out to us about this. I'm sorry to hear that you didn't receive a response.

I'd be happy to look into your account as well to see what happened, we will just need the email address that you used to register on the site in order to pull the account up.

The best way to reach out to us is to contact us through the Contact Us link on our Help page. Our Customer Support team is available 24/7 to help.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Regards,
    Adam

Ka
Dec 15, 2015

Comments

• Ka
      Dec 18, 2015

Hello Adam,
    You can't find an account because there isn't one. I never agreed to a membership, there was never any paperwork and I never signed anything. So, I don't know where all this came from. I would like you to issue a refund by sending me a cheque to 88 Framptons Road, Childers Qld 4660, Australia and cancel and not take any more payments out of my credit card.
    I was happy with the consultation from JA, so I am happy to pay the first $95, but not the one that was charged on the 1st, December. So, I would expect a refund of $95.00. If there is a problem with that please contact me again.
    Kind Regards Kathy Hummer

• Ka
      Jan 19, 2016

Hello,
    Regarding you e-mail of the 15th January I would like to advise that my e-mail number at the time was either [protected]@bigpond.com or [protected]@iinet.net.au. I look forward to hearing from you again and receiving my refund of $95.00.
    Regards
    Kathy Hummer

• Gi
      Jan 24, 2016

Hello,
    I have also requested a refund. My question was never answered and also never received a comment about a refund. Due to the many negative comments about JustAnswer I am beginning to feel this site may be a scam!
    Gil Armstrong