Juniper Bank / Fraud and scam

When the bank solicited me, they indicated it was a 'special deal' for Travel Agents like myself involving specialized points for travel and an opportunity to earn larger commissions from their travel partners. Fraudulent Representation.
As with so many others writing a complaint here, I too fell victim of them illegally withholding funds that cleared the bank. That's when I canceled the card. After the account closed, my insurance carrier inadvertently charged something in error on the closed account. I filed a dispute with both Juniper and the insurance carrier. It took 30 days for the insurance carrier to process the credit.

Juniper added a $39 overlimit fee, a $29 late fee as well as increasing interest on the incorrect billing. Although Juniper processed the credit for the initial disputed charge, they are ILLEGALLY charging the $39 over limit and $29 late fee in addition to 31% interest on all the the incorrect billing.

Now, the kicker is, Juniper refused a physical address to Fed Ex documentation to remedy the matter. I contacted the Department of Banking and Insurance receiving a physical address as well as the president of the Credit Division, Richard Vauge. A package was sent containing documentation and a formal letter of dispute FED EX. Juniper refused to accept the package and sent it back. They continually refuse to accept any registered documentation that would 'hold up' in court and disregard all inquiries sent to the PO Box on the statements.

Oh, and the FTC sent their same usual response - a pamphlet outlining my rights and an apology that all they can do is monitor the actives, but not ENFORCE any existing consumer protection laws.

What do we have to do to give the Dept of Banking and Insurance TEETH to SHUT disreputable businesses down.

Va

Comments

Go
  26th of May, 2009

Wilmington, DE 19801

physical address

Sw
  15th of Jun, 2009

Anyone who needs Chase Credit Card let me know.

Mi
  11th of Oct, 2010

Stop using you card for cash you losers

In
  14th of Jan, 2011

JUniper bank is a scam and they rip people off repeatedly. They tell you anything to get you to pay lump sums of money to them, then renig on the deal with what that lump sum of money and good faith payment will do for your account. They have the worst customer service in the world and when their "fake" managers get on the phone then there is nothing they can doeither so why even have a freakin manager. Then they have the nerve to ask me if I'd like to apply for a new account! Heck naw!!! They are the worst credit card company ever!

Je
  20th of May, 2011

Just received a solicitation letter from Juniper Loans.com with an approval code and an offer of up to $500 cash in minutes. I immediately looked for complaints about Juniper and found your posts. Thank you for posting and helping those of us who don't want to be lured in by bad businesses. I'm sorry for those of you who have gone through a tough experience, but your posts are making a difference. May you find only legit and honest lenders from here forward.