Jordan's Furniture / 3 month old sectional sagging and losing shape

MA, United States Review updated:

I went shopping at Jordans for a sectional back in October. I picked out my style and fabric options and was told it would be up to 6 weeks for the manufacturer in California to make the couch. 10 weeks went by and it was almost Christmas. I was going to have a house full of people and still no couch. I called and was told that some of the pieces for the couch were on backorder from CHINA, which should have been my first clue. They asked if I would pick another fabric selection that they had available on the floor. So I settled, because I really needed a couch, on the blue/gray microfiber option they had available and it was delivery to me mid December.

After 1 month, the couch began to rip at the seams on the seat cushions. Called Jordans and told them I believed I had a defective product. They told me it was fixable, sent a tech out, and he "fixed" it. No more rips at least. Some more time has passed and here we are in March. The couch looks aweful. It's sagging in some places and the tufts in the seat cushions where the seams meet are no longer indented like they should be. They are flat and looks just plain aweful. Others who see the couch always ask "Didn't you just buy this couch? What's wrong with it?" POOR QUALITY is what's wrong with it.

I called Jordans yet again, I sent them photos of what I was trying to show and here is what I was told: "That is NORMAL wear and tear and not covered under the manufacturer's warranty." "WHAT?! After THREE MONTHS it's normal for a brand new sectional to look the way mine does?" was my first question. To which I was rudely asked "Well how often do you use it?" I don't know about about anyone else out there, but as a family we use our couch everyday. After the hustle and bustle of working life, we plop ourselves down on the couch to watch some TV every night. I'm pretty sure that's normal right? I didn't know I was suppossed to alternate between the couch and floor every night to make the couch last!

So $1800 for nothing is what I'm coming up with. WHAT A BAD WAY TO DO BUSINESS!

Ec

Comments

• Bu
      11th of May, 2012

same here. bought a sectional for about $2K from them that was delivered on 2/7/12. by 5/11/12, five of the six seat cushions have lost any firmness to the point where no one wants to sit on the couch. no one in the house weighs more than 175.

basically going to call an upholsterer and have the cushions replaced.

will NEVER buy from or reccomend Jordan's again. waste of time and money. instead of movie theaters and trapeze amusements, they might want to focus more on product quality.