Jet Airways / damaged baggage

1 Mumbai, India Review updated:

Sir/Madam

I Ashish Sheth would like to inform you that my 16year old daughter Miss Jenisa Sheth was traveling from Mumbai to Jaipur on Flight Number S2418 seat number 28B on 11/11/2018 for IBSO (International Board School Sports Organisation) 64th School Nationals happening at JAYSHREE PERIWAL INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL, JAIPUR.
On arrival at Jaipur airport her baggage was damaged/broken and the same was immediately brought to the notice of Mr Uprinder concerns person in charge. He started barging with my daughter that I will pay you Rs 500/- and then argued to pay some more when my daughter asked for a new bag as she said where she would keep her clothes and basic necessary female clothes. After arguing with the concerned person in charge the other person Mr Rajender in charge came and again started bargaining that he will pay Rs 1000/- and then Rs 1500/- and then Rs 2000/- and finally after harassing my 16 year old daughter for almost an hour & more, he paid her Rs 2500/- which my daughter didn't agree as she was requesting that she just wanted a bag, but they said that they are unable to provide her a new bag as the process would take time & for the same she has to mail on [protected]@jetairways.com & said that after complaining she will be given a new bag at Mumbai airport and for the same no confirmation was given in writing.
She finally took Rs 2500/- & was forced to signed a paper of which no copy was provided to her which she don't want but what she requested isn't fulfilled as she has to stay there for four days. Even her complaint was not lodged & no assurance was given in writing.
I request you to look into the matter & do the needful as early as possible, my daughter is flying back to Mumbai on 14/11/2018 via Indigo airlines.
I again request you to please understand that she is just 16 year old & what she must have gone through???
I hope you understand the situation & take stern action against the concerned staff of Jet Airways at Jaipur Airport.

Regards,
Ashish Sheth
Mumbai - 400064.
M - +91 [protected]

Jet Airways

As
Oct 11, 2018

Comments

• Ni
      1st of Dec, 2018

Hi! I traveled from Sri Lanka to Toronto on Jet Airways on the 26th of November 2018, and from Mumbai to Amsterdam on 9 W 0232 and Flight 9W 0234 from Amsterdam to Toronto. It is sad to say that the locks were broken and all the contents pulled. There was no security notice why the locks were broken.
    I would like to bring to the notice is the authorities to look into these matters as there are many complains but nothing has been taken care of. I will be travelling back on the 30th of December and appreciate if incidents like this will not occur again as we entrust our belongings to be disposed at the destination undamaged.
    My email - [protected]@gmail.com.
    On a more pleasant note - the food was delicious and the flight comfortable.
    With best regards,