JD Byrider / terrible experience

I am an auto technician for j.d.byryder and I just wanted to say that the cars at our dealership go through a rigorous inspection to ensure that our customers get the best product that will hopefully not have any problems. I have seen cars rejected for sale that didn't meet the stringent standards that have to be met before the cars are allowed to be sold. I am sorry that some of you have had car problems how ever, It is a used car after all. Our dealership has only the best technicians working on our cars. We always try to do whats right and do our best. J.D. ByRyder A.S.E. certified auto repair technician.

Va

Comments

• Va
      22nd of Oct, 2008

I went to JD Byrider on East Colonial in Orlando, Florida and tried to apply for financing. I answered all of the questions on the application and went my sales person, Rolando, went over it, he told me my rent was too high to qualify for financing and told me to say it was $300 instead of $565. When I met with the finance manager, I told her my rent was $565 and she said my application stated $300 and I explained that it was Rolando who changed it. She then asked me to wait while she processed my application. I waited from 11:30am till 1pm with no answer. I went to check and she said she'd be with me shortly and to leave her office. I sat and waited from 1pm til 3pm and again was told they had no answer and to wait. At 4pm, I told them I needed an answer right then and she told me I'd been declined for credit but they weren't sure why. I was to receive a letter in the mail as to the reasons and it's been 3 months and I have no letter. What's worse is there are now 3 credit inquiries from their company and an open loan stating I have a car from them! After numerous phone calls, I've gotten nowhere.

• Vy
      29th of Oct, 2008

My son-in-law and brother bought vehicles through this company. They were told repair's had to be made at their shop only our warranty was invalid.

They were told new parts were put in. After numerous trips back to their repair shop in Canton OHIO they told them to keep their vehicle.

They charge more for the part's then if the people would have bought the part themselves. Didn't meet the dead line they said it would be done in. Refused to give you a rental car while your vehicle was in the shop.

• Vy
      1st of Nov, 2008

Apparently you don't work at the Canton OHIO JD Byrider shop then. I've got relative's who have been through their so called repair ###.

Parts were bought at a salvage/auto junk yard. Not a regular parts store.

• Jm
      21st of Aug, 2010

i was a tech for jdbyrider and their insp.suck so you must suck

• Mi
      15th of Sep, 2010

im here to tell you something. we have one of the vehicles from jd byrider and it has done nothing but caused us issues. how can you sell a vehicle where the seat belts do not work properly and will not prevent a passenger from hitting the windsheild or dashboard in an accident. ... thats a lawsuit waiting to happen

• Sh
      16th of Feb, 2011

That is a lie, my car broke down the 1st month I got it and it has broken down every month afterward so maybe in the state that you live in but in Va. it is diffrent and my car is still in ths shop.

• Na
      30th of Mar, 2011

Unfortunately your company makes false claims and puts people in vehicles that are bound to breakdown from any number of causes that are not resolved prior to the customer's purchase. It is a scam that needs to be stopped. A class action suit will no doubt be following shortly from so many customers being taken advantage of. I regret everyday the fact that I purchased one of your vehicles. I should have gone straight to a dealership, but was nervous that my credit wouldn't be sufficient enough, when in fact, it was. Sir your comments are mis-leading and no doubt written by an employee that doesn't care about it's customers. Hopefully the light will turn on, in your head, and you will read all these customer complaints before making false accusations.

• Ti
      23rd of Jun, 2011

I would be embarrassed to work for jd byrider...Sadly they take advantage of people when they're in a bad spot. Just look at all of these complaints!! How do they get away with it?? I know that they have legal loopholes they jump through to protect themselves- but it just is NOT right. JD Byrider does NOT look out for their customers in ANY way unless it benefits jd byrider. My daughter is in a real bind now with the piece of junk they sold her. She's had the car a couple months & now it needs a new engine amongst other things...BEWARE!!!

• Be
      25th of Nov, 2011
    JD AUTO REPAIR - Terrible, dishonest
    JD AUTO REPAIR

TERRIBLE DISHONEST RIPP OFF OWNER JIM HOT HEAT THAT swears at customers and hangs up on them too!

19th of Dec, 2011

You work for them so you have to say that. The cars they sell are lemons. I got a car there on Wed evening, that wraggly mess had me walking 1am on Saturday night in the rain and cold beacuse it quit. They towed it found out that the engine was gone in the car. what a joke.