JCPenney / SBS Family Fun / unauthorized bank charge!

TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 888-527-6839
I was balancing my checkbook one night and noticed an unknown charge for 9.95 from SBS Family Fun. I was very confused about the charge as I did not authorize it. I called the number provided and found the number was apparently associated with JCPenney. I am very upset. I have not made a purchase from JCPenney in over 2 months! Suddenly they are taking money directly from my checking account?? What can be done about this? I want justice!!! Plz advise smb!
Va

Comments

Re
  27th of Nov, 2007
We also have suddenly had $9.95 charged to our credit card by Sbs fun Family and are very upset. Please let us know what we can do to stop this. We never signed up for this. So far there have been 2 charges. Please advise what we can do.
Ka
  19th of Dec, 2007

JCPenney Family Fun - Charge card fraud
JCPenney Family Fun
richmond ave staten island 11214
New York
New York
Phone: 1 888 527 6839

I have been getting unauthorized charges on my credit card since Aug.07. I was not aware until this months bill and began investigating.
El
  26th of Apr, 2008
These advertizements and the end of on-line purchases should not be allowes.
It is too hard to get off of the website of the stores I am making a purchase from.
Ki
  30th of Apr, 2008
Just want to say that I have had the same problem with SBS Family Fun taking money out of my account. I do not understand how I signed up for this. I must not have read the fine print and think it happened with the free shipping. I fell into something that I am very aware of that happens quite easily since I work in the Magazine business and they partner with stores and do this all of the time.

The one blog in this list was very helpful as the phone # was not printing on my statement and I was at a loss as to how to contact them. Thank you for that.

I did call the number and they were very good about cancelling my subscription to their service. Now they did try to get me to keep it and did continue to try to sell me stuff but I just said no after 10 months of their 9.95 withdrawals coming out of my account.

In a nut shell this is a company that sells gas cards, restaurant gift cards and shopping gift cards. They sell them for $20 each and they are valued at $25. Then they try to get you take accident insurance. Clearly is an insurance company.

Anyway, you can cancel fairly easily by calling 888-527-6839. Good luck to you all. 100.00 later.
Not to mention the throwing off of my balancing.

All is well that ends well
Ja
  9th of May, 2008
Wow! They got me too! I'm so upset how can they do this. I bought my bridesmaid dress from JC Penny it was my first time shopping with the store and defiantly the last. I was disgusted to find out they could charge me 9.95 a month with out my permission.
Ve
  12th of Mar, 2009
they got me too!!! this is so dishonest. i want out and i am having a heck of a time stopping these withdrawls. i ask that they be stopped a month ago and still i check my account and one 9.95 taken out and then 12.00 for an SB insurance, that i have no knowledge of taken out all without my permission!

JC Penney Company Logo JC Penney Company