JC Penney / watch quit working 7 weeks after purchase - store wouldn't exchange

JC Penney
My husband gave my a Citizen's quartz watch for Christmas. I exchanged it for a different watch 2 days after Christmas. Mid-February the band fell apart (a pin fell out). I was going to have that fixed myself. A week later when I wasn't even wearing the watch, I noticed that it had quit running. I wasn't able to get to the store until today. I was told that they had already exchanged the watch for me once (true - but the other watch was unused and still in the package since I didn't care for the one I received as a gift) and since I hadn't bought the "customer care" plan they couldn't do anything for me. I was really surprised that they didn't stand behind a watch that didn't even last 2 months. Apparently their return policy is 60 days for "fine jewelry" (which is debatable considering the lack of quality of the watch) without the customer care policy. I would have been happy if they would have given me credit to exchange for a different watch. I had already picked out a significantly more expensive watch while I was waiting for the sales staff to figure out what they were going to tell me. But, of course, with the lack of customer service and indifferent attitude of the sales staff, I'll go somewhere else to buy a new watch. And, it's going to be a long, long time before I shop at JC Penney again.

N  15th of Dec, 2009 by
Sorry should have bought the care plan see what 9.99- 11.99 would have saved you!!

JC Penney Company Logo JC Penney Company