[Resolved] Intelius / fraud and scam!
I did an email search on intelius for $9.95. one month later I checked my credit card statement and there was the $9.95 charge from intelius and another charge for $19.95 from pmidentity (privacy maters) that is affiliated with intelius and was not authorized by me. I called them both up and they basically told me I was screwed because I approved these which I did not.
* I in turn called my credit card company and disputed both charges since I feel intelius was not fair and got a credit for both of these charges. *
they might give you a hard time but they will not argue with your credit card company or bank.
If you have this problem here are some numbers to complain.
Intelius : [protected]
Privacy matters : [protected]
Call them up and give them a hard time!!!
Customer care service did everything in their power to resolve this complaint. All attempts to contact the complainant have failed. Therefore, this complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where image of the company in question and it's services are concerned.
Intelius Customer Care's Response, Oct 22, 2009
It sounds like you have accepted a third party company’s offer that is advertised on the Intelius website. If you no longer wish to be enrolled in that third party company’s service, please call 888-445-2727 Monday – Friday 4:30am – 9:00pm PST. We will be more than happy to assist you.
More Intelius Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Intelius - stop billing me 
- [Resolved] Intelius People Search - www.intelius.com - intelius - beware it's a rip-off! 
- [Resolved] Int*intelius Sb - I was charged and have no idea what that is 
- Ino*intelius.com / Sb - repeated unauthorized charges 
- [Resolved] Intelius - scam 
- Intelius - scam!!! they are stealing my money!!!
- Intelius - complaint 
- [Resolved] Intelius - kuttimani anbazhagan - wanted criminal by tamilnadu police - loc issued - gc holder - absconding and trying to get us citizenship
- Intelius - misleading advertising
- Intelius - intelius removed money from my bank account without my explicit knowledge or permission.