[Resolved] Intelius / fraud and scam!

1 MI, United States

I did an email search on intelius for $9.95. one month later I checked my credit card statement and there was the $9.95 charge from intelius and another charge for $19.95 from pmidentity (privacy maters) that is affiliated with intelius and was not authorized by me. I called them both up and they basically told me I was screwed because I approved these which I did not.

* I in turn called my credit card company and disputed both charges since I feel intelius was not fair and got a credit for both of these charges. *

they might give you a hard time but they will not argue with your credit card company or bank.

If you have this problem here are some numbers to complain.
Intelius : [protected]
Privacy matters : [protected]
Call them up and give them a hard time!!!

• Resolution statement

• Intelius Customer Care's Response, Oct 22, 2009

It sounds like you have accepted a third party company’s offer that is advertised on the Intelius website. If you no longer wish to be enrolled in that third party company’s service, please call 888-445-2727 Monday – Friday 4:30am – 9:00pm PST. We will be more than happy to assist you.