[Resolved] Intelius / unauthorized charge

1 Chico, CA, United States Review updated:

I just opened outlook to check my email, and this is one of my messages:

Dear Frank ****,

Thank you for using your PayPal Debit Card for your payment of $19.95 USD to INTELIUS SUBSCRIPTION [protected] WA.

Please log in to your PayPal account and view your transaction history for more information.

Sincerely,
PayPal

I NEVER SUBSCRIBED OR PURCHASED ANYTHING FROM THESE GUYS!
They are so shady that they don't have a customer service phone number, but they do have a sales phone number!
Luckily it's my Paypal account. They will investigate and refund my money.

• Resolution statement

• Intelius Customer Care's Response, Oct 22, 2009

It sounds like you have accepted a third party company’s offer that is advertised on the Intelius website. If you no longer wish to be enrolled in that third party company’s service, please call 888-445-2727 Monday – Friday 4:30am – 9:00pm PST. We will be more than happy to assist you.

• Intelius Customer Care's Response, Oct 27, 2009

Please call 888-445-2727 Monday – Friday 4:30am – 9:00pm PST. We will be more than happy to assist you with your account.

Comments

• Ro
      29th of Aug, 2008

I was charged $19.95 on 8/1 from Intelius. I've never done business with this company. When I called the 800 number I spoke with a gentlemen and was told he would credit my checking account. I checked a few days later...no credit but another charge for $19.95. My deepest concern is how this company received my information. I'm still in the process of trying to get my money back.

30th of Aug, 2008

Intelius.com just put two unauthorized charges on my credit card. I am disputing these, however I found on this web site that this is a new scam. How do they get the credit card number?

• Vi
      2nd of Sep, 2008

I payed 4.99 for a trail use of your web site and now for some reason you have also charged my credit card 19.95 i have not asked for any other services and i want my money refunded and returned to my account.I am not interested in any of your products and refuse to pay for anything more then the 4.99.If this money is not returned i will have my bank investigate this withdrawal

6th of Oct, 2008

I was charged $19.95 for something I did not authorized out of my debit account!

• Ev
      7th of Oct, 2008

I used this company ONE time for a reverse phone number at a "One Time Price of $4.95" well since this ONE TIME OFFER Intelius has been withdrawing $19.95 from my account for a grand total of $44.85. After several phone calls and hearing the recording of "estimated hold time 20 minutes" which went way over 20minutes and still not speaking with anyone from Customer Service. I contacted my bank and I was told that the only way to STOP Intelius from withdrawing the $19.95 is to cancel my card. This will end up being a complete mess but, it is well worth the headachs. Please tell everyone you know that this company can be a nightmare.

• Pa
      17th of Oct, 2008

I have read some of your complaints hope to not see this happen to where i would have to cancel my card
    was told it would be canceled and a refund now hope that happens

17th of Oct, 2008

Used their service one time to find a name and address for a minimal fee. The information was out of date, same info I already had. Then went and checked my bank account a week later and found out they took another 19.95 for who only knows why. The only good thing is I was only on the phone holding for 15 minutes to speak to someone. They say they will refund the money in 7-10 days, I guess we'll see.

4th of Nov, 2008

I was charged 19.95 and did not autorize it..Please refund, ASAP

• Se
      8th of Dec, 2008

i was charged for a subscription that i cancelled before the 7 day expiration period when i called i was told there was no record of my contacting intellius. seems to me that this seems to be common complaint based on what i have read. so instead of trying to pass the blame on to the consumer you may want to look at how your employees are logging the calls. Really ! think about it in this economy why would people not watch how there own money is spent.

• Ti
      11th of Mar, 2009

I purchased a one time people finder fee of $1.95 today, March 11, 2009. People Finder is owned by Intelius Inc. I did not receive the information I was promised and was very upset by the deception. Several hours later, I received an email from a compay called Value Max thanking me for my subscription with them. i never signed up for a subscription with them and had never heard of them before. They had my personal information and credit card number. When I called them to cancel this service for which i never signed up for, I was informed that it came with my people finder purchase. I never authorized this!!! This a scam! Intelius gave all my personal information and credit card information to another company with out my authorization!! I called both companies and demanded refunds and cancellations of any account. I then did an online search of any cmplaints against Intelius and was shocked to see the hundreds of complaints of the same thing! I am now scared that I will see more so called partners of Intelius claim that I signed up with them too. i have since alerted my credit card company and changed my card number. I think that Intelius should be held responsible for improper business practices and for fraudulent activity.

• Ga
      13th of Mar, 2009

I want your service to me canceled immediately thks Gail Herrmann

• Ga
      13th of Mar, 2009

do it

• Bo
      15th of May, 2009

After an unsuccessful White pages people search my PC was directed to a business associate Intelius claiming they would be able to provide the phone # of the person I was trying to contact. There was a special discounted one time charge of $0.95 which I thought reasonable. I went ahead and attempted to gain the phone #. What I got was not a phone # but a bunch of addresses where it was apparent my long lost friend didn't reside.
    There was a $0.95 charge made on my credit card. Two days later there was a $19.95 charge for unlimited lifetime search’s. I called Intelius about the charge and they claim I authorized the charge because somewhere in the verbiage about the discounted one time search charge was an agreement for the lifetime search charge. This may be so but why would a person agree to a discounted one time charge when they would get lifetime free charges? In my opinion, this is a scam. They did agree to remove the charge after my strong insistence.

• Jp
      7th of Jul, 2013

I continue to be charged an unauthorized charge of $19.95 on my credit card!! I refuse to pay any more charges of this type! Take my name and credit card out of your records AT ONCE!!!