Intelius / 19.95 charge not authorized

I never signed up for an automatic monthly charge of 19.95 on my credit card. I know what I am doing on websites and I usually know scams when I see them. This one must have been good. I did go on their website wanting to locate a relative knowing it would cost me a one time charge. I found out when I got there that the one time charge would be $1.95. No where on the website does it tell you that you are signing up for a perpetual monthly subscription and no where on their website does it tell you that you will be automatically charged 19.95 every month forever (if you do not catch them at their deception). A company that deceives you on their website by making you believe you will only have a one time charge of $1.95 but in reality begins to charge you card $19.95 every month is stealing money from unsuspecting people (until they catch the problem). This is no different than someone stealing $20 from my purse every month. Stealing is stealing and they should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. Can someone tell me how to get them to stop charging my credit card? So far they have gotten $60 from me and the next deduction is scheduled to be done on the 23rd of this month again.

Comments

• Ji
      28th of Aug, 2009

I wholeheartedly agree that a $19.95 deduction is being made every month from my account for ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!! I NEVER, EVER authorized this and I want it to CEASE!!! I agree with ALL the others about being robbed (literally). You folks are thieves and should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law!!! Every time one tries to contact this company, you're out on hold for hours and NO-ONE EVER ANSWERS the phone!!! What a rip-off!!!