[Resolved] Intelius / sale of my information to value max 123

Phone: 570-882-7450

On 12/19/08 I contacted Intelius (www.intelius.com) for reverse telephone information for a cost of $0.99. They contacted me by email the next day to tell me that they could not provide any information. On 12/26/08 I received a notice by mail from Value Max that my American Express card was being charged $19.95 for a membership fee and I had 7 days to cancel by calling [protected]. I checkedwith the Complaints Board and saw another complaint that Intelius was selling infomation to Value Max. I immediately called the Value Max number and followed the directions on the recorded menu to cancel. Next, I am going to contact American Express to be sure the reject any charges from Value Max and/or Intelius.

• Resolution statement

• Intelius Customer Care's Response, Oct 23, 2009

It sounds like you have accepted a third party company’s offer that is advertised on the Intelius website. If you no longer wish to be enrolled in that third party company’s service, please call 888-445-2727 Monday – Friday 4:30am – 9:00pm PST. We will be more than happy to assist you.

Comments

• Ri
      2nd of Feb, 2009

I also did a people search and my credit card was charged by this company.

• Sj
      9th of Feb, 2009

I've been dealing with Intelius also and found out they had tried to charge my card 6 times and their affiliate ripoff Valu-Max has tried 8 times to do so, both without my consent. I've exchanged e-mails with them at custserv@intelius.com and have gotten nowhere. They tell me they don't have an e-mail address for Valu-Max but they sure as hell have a phone #, Intelius sent me a member # that was supposed to work and guess what? it didn't work, suprise, surprise!!! I'm going to alert the authorities on this, this outfit is a scam waiting to happen! Don't use them at all for anything, they are just a bunch of scam artists and crooks!

• Ta
      25th of Feb, 2009

I have never used this ### so i dont know what he hell is goin on but someone needs to get this ### straight... Im goin to go off when ever i get to talk to someone and it aint goin to be pretty.. So i hope who ever is doin this ### is reading what the hell i'm typin...

8th of Apr, 2009

This just happened to me! They suck! All I know is that they better not charge my card again!

8th of Apr, 2009

Valuemax123 Sucks!

• Fi
      11th of Aug, 2009

I also agree with everybody here. As Paula said they run the same scam on everyone. Intellis is bascially a scam website and needs to be shut down by the FCC. They are conducting illegal and unauthorized credit card charges on anyone that signs up for their services. They are a info service and it's not worth it signing up with them no matter what info you need. They also have another side scam company called www.Valuemax123.com that will also conduct illegal unauthorized debit card charges on top of Intellis . They will charge you $19.95 or more every month of unauthorized debit charges. DO NOT SIGN UP OR GIVE YOUR CC # WITH THESE PEOPLE YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!! Contact the FCC or BBB to make sure these people are shut down immediately. Enough complaints and these folks will be shut down and sent to hard time in prison!!

24th of Aug, 2009

I opened my CC statement and found 3 $19.95 charges all traced back to Intellus/Value Max 123. The charges are fraudulent and recurring. I have had to cancel my card and filed disputes on the charges.